Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody ever seen one of these in person?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/yamaha-tri-z-250-quad-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4aa0678629QQitemZ320518719017QQptZATVs

its a tri-z converted into a 4 wheeler. astro comversions used to make these kits right after the atc ban. its the 250 2 stroke that yammy never made lol. i dont like the front plastics but ive been told that a lt150r front will fit and im sure it would look better than that.

LonesomeTriZ has two of these but neither are put together. i thought about buying one of them from him instead of the tri-z but i wanted an atc instead. anyway i wanna hear everyones thoughts on them.

·
1 OUT OF 3 AINT BAD
3,235 Posts
I never saw one of those before.......

The front plastics look like LT250R fronts the cut of them, but not thr back part by the tank. The front air scoop looks like the Maier LT250R race hood. But those look like one piece...

I think it could be made to look nicer IMO.

·
1 OUT OF 3 AINT BAD
3,235 Posts
i wonder how it handles compared to a trx or lt 250. id like to get one just to say i had one.
Then get over to lonesontriz and throw one of his together LOL

·
Registered
332 Posts
They are a pretty kind of ugly. Who ever bought that one egay got a hell of a deal. That one looked to be in great shape. The ones I have ridden handled great. Some front end tweaking might be necessary depending on how well cared for it was. But it is easy to install some more modern parts on them. All in all it is still a quad. So even though it has the foundation of a great machine, all quads are still inferior to trikes.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Kits were made in the 80's for all the main trikes, 250r, tecate, and tri-z. Most were sold to the honda guys, that is only the second tri-z I have seen converted.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yeah Astro was just one of them making those kits. I fogot to ,emtiom that another big issue is how they were installed. The Astro kits for example were weld on subframes. You had to know what you were doing. Some kits were bolt on if you can beleive that.

·
Live to Ride-Ride to Live
3,139 Posts
Thats probobly the nicest one I've seen, very cool.

Still ugly though! I'd rather have the tri-z and spend some money making it wider in the rear with more travel and forks off a newer bike.... and faster :)

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have wondered why Yamaha never made a 250 quad. But if quads are your thing and a 250 is what you want, a Quad-Z would be a good way to go.

·
Old School but still Cool
2,842 Posts
Interesting but if I were going 4 wheel 250s route it would have to be the TRX. Tons of stuff out there to make it a killer quad and a lot of knowledge on what to do and not to do if you take on a TRX project. Plus the TRX looks so sweet and this Z thing kind of ugly.

·
Registered
332 Posts
You just made a good point. The reason some people want a Quad-Z is because there is NOT a lot of them. I respect the TRX, but you are correct they are everywhere. A Quad-Z is for people who do not want a "me to" quad. They are also for the people who see beauty in those ugly dogs at the pet store. I like the uniqueness of them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts