Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i noticed when i got the raptor back there was a ticking nosie. called the guy that rebuilt it he said he has the valves .002 loose so they can break in. thats the noise. he said it would go away in a day. well its been 2 and still got the noise. any idea how the F*** i fix this. just spent $1200 to get it fixed. dont want it to mess up again. any ideas?

EDIT: the noise only happens when it idols

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
You can set the valve clearance to factory spec but I would recomend that you ride it for a while before you do that. The clearance will tighten up as the valves seat themselves.

·
Banned
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can set the valve clearance to factory spec but I would recomend that you ride it for a while before you do that. The clearance will tighten up as the valves seat themselves.
thats what he said as well. i guess what i was asking was could the valves make that noise?

·
Registered
14,217 Posts
the rocker arm has a given distance (free space) to the adjuster bolt that regulates your valves its called a tappet now if this is out of spec it has a tendency to tick loudly as it opens and closes .getting the clearance correct can remedy this noise and acheive the best performance .but there is a break in period that should be done then adjustments can be made for the specfic set clearances

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Banned
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is it a tapping sounds that rises and falls with the rpms .setting the valve clearance is super easy and can be done in no time
well with what it sounds like to me at idol is the only time i can hear it. and it keeps up with the rpms. i can post a vid of the noise tommorow if it would help.

·
Banned
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the rocker arm has a given distance (free space) to the adjuster bolt that regulates your valves its called a tappet now if this is out of spec it has a tendency to tick loudly as it opens and closes .getting the clearance correct can remedy this noise and acheive the best performance .but there is a break in period that should be done then adjustments can be made for the specfic set clearances
ya i was told run it thru a tank of gas. did that all ready

·
PLAYTIME'S OVER BITCHES!!
13,056 Posts
keep this in mind.....Raptor motors are noisy by nature. there is alot goin on in there compared to the far superior two stroke.. even when your valves get adjusted, you will still have some form of ticking noise happening.

·
Old School but still Cool
2,842 Posts
And to think this was supposed to be a quick and easy deal to move this quad to buy something else............

Remember that valves are not your friend. They hate you and have conspired to get you.

·
Banned
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And to think this was supposed to be a quick and easy deal to move this quad to buy something else............

Remember that valves are not your friend. They hate you and have conspired to get you.
:Laugh9: there out to get me huh? lmao

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Adjusting valves is draconian for most people who need their motors serviced themselves, especially on a clapped out engine that requires it frequently.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts