Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got some k&n filters fitted on straight carbs but now that my air box is gone I had to ghetto rig my over flow tank to the frame. What do you normally do when you get the k&n's? Do they make an aftermarket part that seats it somewhere?:angry5:

·
1986 Honda TRX 250r
2,613 Posts
I just got some k&n filters fitted on straight carbs but now that my air box is gone I had to ghetto rig my over flow tank to the frame. What do you normally do when you get the k&n's? Do they make an aftermarket part that seats it somewhere?:angry5:
take the over flow tank off. :p it doesnt hurt anything and its just weight.

·
DEY TUK ER JUBBS
3,224 Posts
what's this coolant bootle of which you speak??? lol you dont' need a coolant overflow. Ask your self this do dirt bikes have resorivors? nope, just run you a hose down the frame rail. so that you can take a peak at it every once and a while. if it ain't spittin out water, then don't worry about it, but if it's sprayin like crazy then you know you have a problem... take a look at this pic

·
Throwing Big Sand
1,095 Posts
If you really want to keep the bottle just cut the box and use it as a bracket.

·
1986 Honda TRX 250r
2,613 Posts
what's this coolant bootle of which you speak??? lol you dont' need a coolant overflow. Ask your self this do dirt bikes have resorivors? nope, just run you a hose down the frame rail. so that you can take a peak at it every once and a while. if it ain't spittin out water, then don't worry about it, but if it's sprayin like crazy then you know you have a problem... take a look at this pic
wow somone does not take care of their stuff.:angry5:

·
DEY TUK ER JUBBS
3,224 Posts
u ever raced gncc "ironman"...yeah it will do that.

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
:eek:bscene2:

OHOHOHOH MY GOD you can barely tell thats a banshee

relocator brackets are on ebay for cheap

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kool thanks brotha!

·
PLAYTIME'S OVER BITCHES!!
13,056 Posts
take the over flow tank off
if you really want to keep the bottle then you can get a bracket through most parts suppliers, or as he said, you can take it of and run a line down the frame somewhere. you cooling system on you shee doesnt work like a car or truck, it dosent recover fluid from the can and put it back in the system. once it goes in there, the only way for it to go back in is for you to put it there.

·
Registered
383 Posts
yea mine flows straight to the ground

1 - 13 of 13 Posts