Everything2Stroke Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a problem wheelstanding on a 84 CR500. It is lowered as far as it can go in the front and back. Any Suggestions on how to keep it down??????? Its Putting out around 75 HP.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I would just extend it. Bout the only way you're gonna keep that much power down.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, i have already taken the swingarm off to extend it 3 inches. Dont wanna extend it too much then it will just spin. This bike goes throught the traps faster than any other 500 at the track but they kill me at the light.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Are you getting the swingarm welded? I would just get bolt on's if i was you. don't put it back too far, but with pro extensions you can have it any distance from the rear wheel. From like 3 inches back to up to around 15. So you can get a huge variety. A kid that hillclimbs drags a cr 500 also. Him and his dad got an 80 front end and put it on the 500, talk about lowering it. I imagine it helps a lot.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'll ask my friend that has them on his Kx 500. He picked his up off of ebay, but you can get them somewhere off the net, i can't remember where though. If you have it lowered front and back, why don't you just lower it in the front and keep it up in the back. It would keep the front wheel down more. Ill get back to you on those extensions. If you know anybody that has a set, you can get a machine shop to model them, that's what we are going to do for my 250. I just got a cheap pair made for mine at the moment. They are rather simple. A piece of steel to fit in the swingarm pocket, then widens up and down when it leaves the swingarm. bolt another piece of steel or aluminum on the inside of that to match the thickness of your swingarm so that the wheel is spaced right. Bolt them together in the 4 corners then I had a machine shop cut a hole like the one made in the swingarm, the ovaled sllide hole the same distance back on each one. put a bolt or two in front of the hole at the same distance on each one. Then i used Xr 600 spin adjusters for the adjustments. They just spin against the heads of the bolts Bolt them on the swingarm with a bold jut smaller than the normal slide hole on the swingarm, and put a stabilizer bolt in front of that i just drilled through the swingarm right behind where the normal bolt that adjusts it goes and it's only a 1/4 inch bolt. Nothing fancy. I got some pics of our last climb so ill post them i think thurs they will be back and you can look at them on that. Ill talk to my friend tonight and see what he says.

·
2,200 Posts
Hillclimber361 said:
I'll ask my friend that has them on his Kx 500. He picked his up off of ebay, but you can get them somewhere off the net, i can't remember where though. If you have it lowered front and back, why don't you just lower it in the front and keep it up in the back. It would keep the front wheel down more. Ill get back to you on those extensions. If you know anybody that has a set, you can get a machine shop to model them, that's what we are going to do for my 250. I just got a cheap pair made for mine at the moment. They are rather simple. A piece of steel to fit in the swingarm pocket, then widens up and down when it leaves the swingarm. bolt another piece of steel or aluminum on the inside of that to match the thickness of your swingarm so that the wheel is spaced right. Bolt them together in the 4 corners then I had a machine shop cut a hole like the one made in the swingarm, the ovaled sllide hole the same distance back on each one. put a bolt or two in front of the hole at the same distance on each one. Then i used Xr 600 spin adjusters for the adjustments. They just spin against the heads of the bolts Bolt them on the swingarm with a bold jut smaller than the normal slide hole on the swingarm, and put a stabilizer bolt in front of that i just drilled through the swingarm right behind where the normal bolt that adjusts it goes and it's only a 1/4 inch bolt. Nothing fancy. I got some pics of our last climb so ill post them i think thurs they will be back and you can look at them on that. Ill talk to my friend tonight and see what he says.
i dont know about u guys...but that just confused the hell out of me lol

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yeh, i suppose it does sound confusing. The extensions i was talking about that my friend has, are hard to find. I borrowed them and a machine shop has my swing arm and my buddies extensions right now. They are going to fit them to the swing arm and make them. Cost me $200 for the 2 of them. Look in pics. Go to the bike pics and the Kx 500 has the ones im getting made and the yz 250 has my style on it. They aren't real close pics, but you might be able to see some.

·
ghetto fabalous
966 Posts
you can stretch it or you can raise the back up instead of lowering it so that would help then no wheels stands.

·
Registered
262 Posts
ya thats what'd i'd do. raise the back end up and make the footpegs slanted so you sit/lean on it like a crotch rocket. that would help alot. lowering the back the same as the front well... it's not doin as much. and i'd watch using extensions. the ones i've seen are crap.

·
Crank 2 Crank
700 Posts
yep, i'm confused too. Thats alot of reading and i just got done reading some homework. I got to go get some eyedrops.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well maybe you have seen some crappy extensions, but if you know what ur doin or what ur lookin for, they sure aren't crap. I would say if you could raise the back lower the front, and extend it slightly, that should help a lot.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts