Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Lost Thoughts
391 Posts
well suzuki quadracer is lt250r... don't know why they just don't call it a 250r too because there lt250 is really a quadrunner...but a lt250r can be a good thing if it runs good

·
DunerCentral.com
8,558 Posts
"r" usually is the racing model. as stated above for Suzuki r is associated with "racer" aka quad racer where as 250 is the standard quad runner. same goes for Honda. "r" is usually associated with the racing type models. at one time the "r" specified that it was a two stroke engine and "x" represented a four stroke model. this really isn't the case much anymore, they are slipping the "r" on four strokes now.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but I noticed after I blew my engine my wiesco piston says 571m06750 witch I think is 20 over the wiesco chart at their site says its a 250 and I noticed the bore and stroke and piston #s arfe diff for 250s and 250rs, what ya think is the r's head bigger and faster???

·
THE LOCAL 2 -SMOKE GUY
2,396 Posts
back in the day it was r was 2-stroke and x was 4-stroke or r for racer thats why this new four-stroke 450's have r's at the end like 450r or ltr450r or kfx 450r but the main point is that R MEANS FASTER OR MORE BALLS

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
its a quadracer and not a quadsport or quadrunner(the latter two being quite slower) that is if it acually is an LT250R

·
Registered
119 Posts
He asked what the differance was between the 250 and the 250r, Since this is a 2-stroke forum then obviously he has a 2-stroke, and he knows it. But you stated that the 250 and the 250r are the same quad, which it isnt. Suzuki made 2 versions of the 250 at the same time. One was a 4-stroke and one was a 2-stroke. I was just informing him that the lt250 was the 4-stroke. that explaines why the bore and stroke and piston #s are different between the 2.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
It is a 2-stroke only forum, I see your point. But what I said is basically what you are saying, or maybe you weren't talking to me.

·
Registered
119 Posts
DirtDemon said:
It is a 2-stroke only forum, I see your point. But what I said is basically what you are saying, or maybe you weren't talking to me.
Sorry for the misunderstanding, i was responding to Savage420 concerning his post of this

SAVAGE420 said:
An LT 250 and LT250R are the SAME thing..same quad.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
No problem, I now understand, an LT 250 and an LT250R are not necessarily the same quad, all Suzuki Quads are LT something, that little letter at the end makes a huge difference.

·
DunerCentral.com
8,558 Posts
Blaster350 said:
He asked what the differance was between the 250 and the 250r, Since this is a 2-stroke forum then obviously he has a 2-stroke, and he knows it. But you stated that the 250 and the 250r are the same quad, which it isnt. Suzuki made 2 versions of the 250 at the same time. One was a 4-stroke and one was a 2-stroke. I was just informing him that the lt250 was the 4-stroke. that explaines why the bore and stroke and piston #s are different between the 2.
thank you...my point exactly! lt250 and lt250r are indeed two different bikes. one is a quad "runner" and the other a quad "racer". one is intended for racing the other for trails. in either case. his is the better of the two. :D

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
check out this repair manual. Don't forget the LT250 you guys are refering to is actually the LT250S. "S" for Sport. So it was known as the QuadSport.

·
Registered
68 Posts
difference

Ha, I hope he figured out the difference before he ran the first tank of gas through it!!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sorry I took so long to respond, yes I have a '89 250 and a '86 250 both 2 strokes and even a '86 230 4 stroke. I was just wondering if 250 and 250r were diff. like maybe the r was race modded from the factory? I guess not. sorry for the confusion. lol appr your respone though. hopfully get some pics up soon my 89 is going through top end surgery right now and I scored a trinity pipe and silencer off of ebay brand new chrome plated for 2 bills, score right. anyone know anything about trinity/????

·
DunerCentral.com
8,558 Posts
lvwireman said:
sorry I took so long to respond, yes I have a '89 250 and a '86 250 both 2 strokes and even a '86 230 4 stroke. I was just wondering if 250 and 250r were diff. like maybe the r was race modded from the factory? I guess not. sorry for the confusion. lol appr your respone though. hopfully get some pics up soon my 89 is going through top end surgery right now and I scored a trinity pipe and silencer off of ebay brand new chrome plated for 2 bills, score right. anyone know anything about trinity/????
uhhh...im guessing by his answer that he didn't read the last posts!?! YES 250 and 250R ARE DIFFERENT.

·
Ring Pirate Roachie!
841 Posts
i used to have an 86 lt230 quadrunner...best damn quad i ever rode...with its auto clutch and massive 4-stroke power and speed...lol...chyeah...right!!
but on the other hand it did run and take my abuse for 2 years b4 my stepdad blew it up after he put a new head gasket on it...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts