Everything2Stroke Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FMF Whore
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well let's hear it. What type of coolant do you run in your lil pinger?

After draining mine to install the Pro Designs Impellar and the EZ-Drain cover I filled the banshee up with Cycle Logic's Engine Ice. It gives you the usual claims that it reduces temps as much as 50F and it's premixed.

·
FMF Whore
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there one of those numbers I can call like "Banshee abuse hotline" or something like that, haha. That poor *** motor is being neglected. You better just pull that thing out tonight and ship it to me. I'll find a good home for it. Hell I'll at least run to Walmart and get some distilled water to mix with the Super Tech brand crap they have there.

·
Banned
0 Posts
actually it was only in there during the winter time. the engine is all taken apart now and will get something like water wetter or rad. ice or something like that. and maybe a snazzy billet impeller too. all depends on the funds

·
FMF Whore
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, I hear ya. My friend uses Maxima's Coolanol in his. It runs cool, but he's got that cool head on it so there's no comparing between us. That impellar, inline cooler from prodesigns, and engine ice I did all at once definately brought temps down. I don't have a gauge or anything, but I can actually put my hand on one of the jugs for a few seconds now. I used to get instantly burned.

I went to Vito's for the parts. They seemed to have great prices on most of the stuff at the time. Heck I picked up all the parts I needed from there except the case gasket and the o-ring for the water pump inlet. I also picked up a set up stainless steel allen-bolts from them for the case. That way I won't ever have to break out the impact screwdriver to get thost damn phillips head screws out again!

·
FMF Whore
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Vito's just made an ass out of me, now that gasket and o-ring are on there, or was it there before and I had a few too many beers before placing the order?

·
Registered
10 Posts
engine ice all the way!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts