Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i bought a stock 2002 banshee and i was wondering if anyone
could help me with what to get
It would be greatly appriciated if anyone could tell me what upgrades they would get and in what order they would get them

thanks

Levi

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
a set of Toomey T-5's will do ya good for now

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
T5 pipes and silencers, v force reeds, k&n clamp ons, dyno jet kit

·
Face Down in a brewski
2,821 Posts
Jet kits are a waste of money, rarely are they spot on.

First off...
What is your budget to spend?
Second, what type of riding do you do?
Third...when you say stock, you mean 100% bone stock, as in stock pipes, stock air filter and airbox, stock reeds, stock everything, correct??

You're going to get 30 recommendations on what to buy first, but without knowing your budget and how/where you ride....you're not getting and sound advice...

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
are you looking for cheap mods or what and yes what type of riding are you going to be doing

·
Registered
694 Posts
If its completely stock, I would start off with getting a set of after market pipes and and aftermarket air filter (I personally prefer UNI as they hold up to mud and water better than K&N, but thats JMO). Different guys will recommend different pipes, depending on what type of riding you do. Most seem pretty happy with Toomey T-5s. Also, if you still have some money to spend after pipes and an air filter, I would deffinately look into getting your cylinders ported. And of course, after all of this, you will need to rejet.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
that seems a little weird man, but if your into vibrating dildo's more power to ya.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
What about a dildo that is glued to the seat. so when you rev up your quad, you can feel the dildo vibrate.
and how old are you?

anyways, just like everyone else says get some good pipes and maybe some better reeds, then if you have extra money send your jug off to flotek and hav him port it for ya, also remember to invest in some good tires, all the engine in the world isnt worth a damn if you cant hook up

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
If it is stock the first thing i would go do is replace all the needed bushings andf bearings,and tires if needed.
I wouldnt start doing motor mods unless it was all tight

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jet kits are a waste of money, rarely are they spot on.

First off...
What is your budget to spend?
Second, what type of riding do you do?
Third...when you say stock, you mean 100% bone stock, as in stock pipes, stock air filter and airbox, stock reeds, stock everything, correct??

You're going to get 30 recommendations on what to buy first, but without knowing your budget and how/where you ride....you're not getting and sound advice...
i have about 1000$
i mostly ride trails
and yes its 100% stock except for a set or razr tires

·
Registered
175 Posts
I would go all out and get it all done up. porting,pipes,ing, mybe carbs. then its done and you wont have to do any more upgrades when you want to go faster.. But thats just me thats what i would do

·
Face Down in a brewski
2,821 Posts
FMF or Pro Circuit pipes (better for trails).

Mill .020 off the head, (I'm assuming you prefer to run pump gas, NOT race fuel)
Buy a timing plate, set it at 4.

Buy 6 new clutch springs, heavy duty, put 3 heavy duty on, 3 stockers.

Depending on how much mud and water you run in, you could remove the lid and drill holes in the airbox, or remove the airbox all together....that's on you.

The rejet the bike.

I would wait until the top end is worn or needs freshening up before I'd rip into it to port it.

Here's the thing, just with pipes, air filters, a little more compression and timing it will be a WHOLE new bike. Decide if you want MORE power with porting...go from there.

Of course, you'll have to jet the bike accordingly....

·
Banned
432 Posts
FMF are good cheap pipes for trail riding. My brothers banshee use to just have FMF a drop in K&N, with the air lid on and jetted correctly. It ran great. Also you will good tires, don't know how the razrs do on the trail, but turf tamers did great on his bike. you should ride the bike around stock for a little bit to get use to it then slowly mod it as you get use to it.
Don't be like some of the people around here that buy a banshee then dump some money in to it to make it fast then they cant handle it and wreck it. Seen some nice built shee go for dirt cheap cause of this.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts