Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the average running temperature for a 1997 KX250 2 stroke? Nobody seems to know the answer to this one. If you were to aim a temp gun at the cylinder of the engine, what should it read on average. There are alot of factors here,(at idle, hard running, climate, air temp, etc...), but lets just say it's an average day, the bike was warmed up properly, then rode around for 10 minutes. What should be the temp?

Thanks

·
Old School but still Cool
2,843 Posts
I'm not even sure if you would get the answer to that in the manual. We used to use temp strips to tell if the bike was running hot but it didn't give you numbers just colors. I'm really not sure who would know the answer to your question.

·
1 OUT OF 3 AINT BAD
3,235 Posts
you could try the atm forum allthingsmoto.com. its all about motocross and shit.

·
Banned
1,205 Posts
I use a heat gun on my drag r's and on the average day after a few passes,Im at 200-230.Ive seen 285 once on bad alky jetting.Its just an idea of what 2 strokes are running!Hope that helps some.What temps are you getting?

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
im with steeve that should be top 235 is 180-190 cold side.. good drag temps to start.. about like a car ...they will get hotter water boils a 212 unless under pressure reason for a good radiator cap..plus the correct coolant and distilled water... air cooled .. the rc car was at about 210...

·
1986 Honda TRX 250r
2,613 Posts
200 or under for a longer lasting motor, maybe slightly colder when going off the side of the cylinder instead off the liquid inside.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts