Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I couldn't go to Busco so me and the kids went to Windig Family weekend, at the Quadfest location. First off there were not alot of people there, maybe a thousand. Second it rained when we first got there and Sat. night which kept the dust down ( a little). I had a really good time and will probably go again if they have it, only a 4.5 hours drive. Brought 2 cameras and neither worked. Same trails but they added like 30 HUGE windmills. When I say huge I mean when I first saw them they freaked me out a little. You get used to them quick and dont really notice after a while. They also added powerlines and you could ride on some of their access roads which was cool, the kids stayed at the campsite once and I headed out alone and tore it up. Had a good time and did a ton of demo rides, the new YFZ450 is sick and handles great ( for a 4 polk). Maybe in a couple of years will bring kids to Busco.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
No drags this year. Here's a pic that shows the wind mills zyklon mentioned. Oh and I won the $1000 gift certificate raffle :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No drags this year. Here's a pic that shows the wind mills zyklon mentioned. Oh and I won the $1000 gift certificate raffle :)

My daughter won the childrens raffle but I didn't get the message until around 5pm and we were on our way home. I called back to see what it was but they didn't answer. They probably gave it to someone else after no word from us. I still wonder what it was.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
those are all up all over the place. i see them at tug hill snowmobiling. they are 300 ft high i think with 60 ft props.
ice developes on the props in the winter so never go under one or you might be the unlucky one to have (literally) a ton of ice fall on you.
where was it located.

·
Registered
525 Posts
that's cool. glad you had fun. i've been looking to go to mountain ridge. i didn't realize it's only a two hour drive for me which is actually a little closer than rock run.

·
2 stroke thinker
2,062 Posts
Unfortunately, they got SOOOOO GREEDY as to the money aspect that they lost the attendance!
So the trails that they claim are better.... weren't all hyped up to be huh?
I think that for the money that they were charging this year, they would have offered more but.... like I said in previous posts, they are in it for the money..not the atv'er!
It really sucks that they are looking at it as a money aspect than a atv event!
So you said, they didn't offer the drag races this year?
In the past.... The drag racing was so unorganised it was scary for the high horsepowered drag quads!
I mean... there there literallly boulders and giganic ruts and dips on the track.
I feel that they need to take a few steps back and get Quadfest a little more organized before they want to charge the big bucks !

·
Registered
525 Posts
what are they charging this year? they've got to have some income from those windmills don't they?

·
2 stroke thinker
2,062 Posts
They wanted $50 per rider plus another $50 if you wanted to camp there !
Oh and didn't offer anything!
all of the additional things like the mx course, mud bogs, drags....etc. were additional money !

·
Registered
525 Posts
hmm...in that case i guess i won't be going there ever. same thing with tower city. they are $50 per person if you are a guest (it's memebers only and too far away to buy a year's membership). it's sad because you want to give legal places your business but when their prices are hiked like that they don't deserve the business. go to rock run.

·
2 stroke thinker
2,062 Posts
I wouldn't mind spending the $50 but..... when you want to participate in an event there, they want more of your money!
I guess thats why they only had about 1500 people instead of the 4000 to 5000 people that they used to have!
I guess judging from the attendance, I'm not the only one that has a sour taste in my mouth!
There is only so much fugging that a person can take before calling it quits!
It sux cause, it was a great location for an E2S reunion in the north-east!

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
When i went in 2008 i had a great time. I was not happy at all with the place, shitty trails, way to dusty, no electric or water. What made it fun for me was the E2S peeps, but i would never go back to the place for sure.

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
not to mention its twice as far for you

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It was a little expensive, This was my son's second time really riding (his first was F.E.W. weekend) and my daughters first. Since there were no people there my kids just rode around the fields and I watched (and drank). I went alone with my kids so I didn't mind it being lowkey.

·
2 stroke thinker
2,062 Posts
Tri-County, where they had F.E.W is bar-none a way better place to ride!
The trails are absolutely beautiful!
Now Mountain Ridge, is a great place to ride if you enjoy Boulders!
Maybe on a Donkey!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They had a booth from Tri-county atv there and was going to go back and talk to them about maybe getting a membership but when I went back they were gone. Going to look them up online and check them out.

·
2 stroke thinker
2,062 Posts
Mountain Ridge just got way too greedy !
I went to quadfest 4 years in a row, first year was at tri-county but they couln't occupy the people
The next following years, mountain ridge took on the challenge but, they got greedy!
They had over 4,000 people attend but still wanted to charge additional money for the events!
then they took off 1 year to bulid the wind farms for more money!
When does it end with these a$$holes?
It seems like they don't spend time manicuring their trails, drag track, mx track, mud bog but, they sure want the $$$$$$$!
Maybe this year will be a lesson learned and not be so greedy!
from 4,000 + people to like 1,000-1,500 maybe these greedy pricks will get the hint!
Or maybe not!

·
Registered
525 Posts
probably not...they will probably attribute the attendance drop to taking off for a year

1 - 19 of 19 Posts