Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem jetting my esr 310 cylinder. It is stock porting, full pro circuit system, no airbox lid, vforce 3 reeds, and has a stock 34mm carb. The problem is it will be idling, then it would shut off. the pilot jet is 42. Main jet is 170. Needle is on fourth clip position. Thank you for all your help.

·
Registered
205 Posts
^^ Agreed. You need a larger carb. But I don't think, that is your initial problem. Check your float level. Clean the pilot jet. Air mixture screw should be 2-3 turns out. Let us know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i didn't check my float height yet. However, whenever i turn the gas off while it is running, it begins to idle how i would want it to. Does that have something to do with the float height?

·
Registered
63 Posts
It could.
I have 2 carbs (lectrons of course) 34 and 38. The 34 runs fine on the 310. I prefer that carb in a woods setting because of fuel economy. I run the 38 at races.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i leaned out my float height and it is idling much better. I also brought my pilot up to a 50. Thank you for your help. I will get a 38mm Carb in the future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts