Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
eh im just bored and wondering if anybody out there has actually clocked the top speed on their 250? i have a 2002 kx 250 and it screams but i just havnt gotten around to having someone clock me. its no big deal really because if it feels fast it works for me. but cmon i know i can get a lot of random answers out there. thanks:violent2:

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
87.3mph in 1/4.

that's in stock form (minus VF3 reeds and jetting for tempature) running ice tires down the ice strip.

i'm sure they could run mid 90's with gearing changes, but these bikes are ment to accelerate quickly and run on a closed course track with whoops, jumps, and turns :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
:D i raced a bmw 325ci and u took him down about mile stretch of road. he said he was about 65 tryin to keep up wen we ran out of road. And i have a 93 kx250

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
my 02 yz250 did 69.9mph down my field road. I dont know if the back tire was spinning or what. I was expecting 75-80mph but i wont change my sprockets. First gear is already too fast. My banshee feels much faster and it has stock gears.

250 has a pipe and filter.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
RagunCajun said:
my 02 yz250 did 69.9mph down my field road. I dont know if the back tire was spinning or what. I was expecting 75-80mph but i wont change my sprockets. First gear is already too fast. My banshee feels much faster and it has stock gears.

well its a yamaha, so you cant expect much lol, ill have to gps my 07 cr 250 sometime

·
Registered
682 Posts
RagunCajun said:

haha cody we gonna have to race sum time ur yz vs. my rm

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
usually kx's are geared for acceleration, the top speed of my kx is shit b/c of the sprockets, probably only 60, it gets there damn fast tho

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
We had my old 91 KX250 right beside my dads truck at 90mph, But It could have been heavily moddified, I never found out because I only owned it for a week.

·
Registered
3 Posts
eh im just bored and wondering if anybody out there has actually clocked the top speed on their 250? i have a 2002 kx 250 and it screams but i just havnt gotten around to having someone clock me. its no big deal really because if it feels fast it works for me. but cmon i know i can get a lot of random answers out there. thanks:violent2:
Had mine at 75 not even gassing in 5th but slowed down it was get a little shaky

1 - 9 of 9 Posts