Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the stock rims on my 86 250r, whats the smallest tire I can use on the rear? I think OEM is 22x11x9

·
Registered
76 Posts
Anything that is a 10" diameter wheel. Which isn't much. I would recommend switching to suzuki z400 rear hubs, and z400 wheels. Much better wheel selection for sizes. There isn't many options for the 10" diameter rims.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Oh shit I see now that your bike is a 86, yah newer Suzuki hubs won't fit but I think Honda or Yamaha does yes, just need the right spline count.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found some 20x11x9 STI Tech 4's that will fit my rims. I wanted tires that were a little smaller. Was just wondering where I had some play with numbers. I just didn't want this fat balloon stock style tires I have now and just a little smaller. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The 20's are a nice all around size tire, not too big and heavy but not so small that the carrier skid plate gets abused constantly like many experience when trail riding 18's.
Are the STI's you got the ones with the holeshot type tread?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its the Tech 4 XC's, they are a little bit more rugged looking. All the reviews I read about these tires were great for a less expensive tire. I found a website I can get all 4 tires for $207. They are a 6ply tire, which to me was a selling point considering I live in Wisconsin and ride trails and farm fields. I haven't ordered them yet but I will be tonight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts