Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 4 years of riding the banshee with no problems it finally let go so its time for a full on rebuild.
Right side crank bearing went bad, broke the water pump gear and piston.

Looking at either a hotrods crank or vitos crank (stock stroke). anybody used either?

downsized_0820151251_zpsjzdbzx7b.jpg

downsized_0820151207_zps8vjiutrk.jpg

·
Registered
591 Posts
DUDE! That sucks.
I don't have any first hand experience with either of those crank companies. Though I've heard good and bad on both and I'm uncertain if the bad experiences are because of assembly error. Why not call Cam at Redline and see what he recommends? :Laugh6:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hot rods are good I have had both stock stroke and I bought a 115 long rod crank from a fellow hq
Member on here years ago with some time on them and it lasted me awhile. I have no expire with with Vito's but I sold a guy my ex wife's blaster and he out a Vito's big bore kit on it and I remember him having problem after problem with it. I'm sure it's user and mechanic related but I've always just steered clear from that company.

I used hot rods cranks in my yz250 dirt bike for over a decade. I sent my top end off to Eric gorr for the 300ccbore kit and my hot rods crank lasted along time even with the higher compression and changes to the engine. Definitely would recommend hot rods

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im leaning more to the hotrods crank. I sent an email to Cam at Redline and he has built alot of motors with the 4mil hotrods crank with no problems.

I got this thing tore down to the frame today and ready to take a bunch of parts to be blasted and powder coated next week.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New swingarm in the works. Still need to finish welding the shock mount tabs then put it back in the jig to locate the chain slider.

IMG_20151018_125701_255_zpstudo5s3v.jpg

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IMG_20160317_114936_290.jpg

Almost done with the front

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
banshee build 4.jpg
Got the bottom end in the frame

·
Super Moderator
6,688 Posts
Did you go with the hotrods crank? Tried and welded? Did you put a tz on the clutch side? Man I want more pics. That fugging piston looked bad guess it was chattering and blew the skirt apart. How did the cylinders fair?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you go with the hotrods crank? Tried and welded? Did you put a tz on the clutch side? Man I want more pics. That fugging piston looked bad guess it was chattering and blew the skirt apart. How did the cylinders fair?
Yes we got a hot rods crank. TZ on the clutch side?
I think the piston broke because the crank bearing went bad on the right side.
The right cylinder does have some minor scoring, Im going to see if a hone will clean it up if not they are going to need new sleeve's I think, they look a little thin.

·
Super Moderator
6,688 Posts
tz bearing is the way to go on the clutch side! that blows about the cylinder... who do you think your gonna send it too? I have to stat looking for a new porter I wanna get my jugs updated to match the cpi's. gotta get the case matched get a new trued and welded crank with a tz 18cc domes yada yada yada... anyway man keep the pics coming bike is looing sharp..

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tz bearing is the way to go on the clutch side! that blows about the cylinder... who do you think your gonna send it too? I have to stat looking for a new porter I wanna get my jugs updated to match the cpi's. gotta get the case matched get a new trued and welded crank with a tz 18cc domes yada yada yada... anyway man keep the pics coming bike is looing sharp..
If I have to send them out they will go to redline. As for porting I do my own and I've always been real happy with this one. I am going to change the domes on this to go back to pump gas.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Are you going to support the swingarm better?
As the pic shows, there are no supports. prolly twist easy. :(

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are you going to support the swingarm better?
As the pic shows, there are no supports. prolly twist easy. :(
Have you ever built one?????

·
Super Moderator
6,688 Posts
how'd you make out with the cylinders did you send them out?also what color is that your using?sexy as hell is that powder coat?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
how'd you make out with the cylinders did you send them out?also what color is that your using?sexy as hell is that powder coat?
Picked up another set freshly bored to 65mm. Redline doesn't do resleeves but I do want to have them done eventually because they are ported.

The color of the frame is a royal purple

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sweet powdercoat job, love the color.
I am eventually going to have to get off my rear and make my little blaster look as good as it runs, still won't look or run as good as the above bike, but lol it's just a little blaster, by the time you build it to really perform the only things left are a modded frame, and engine cases, maybe some of the plastics, not going that far for sure. Will buy a banshee or an old R first.
Anyhow nice build/rebuild blue is a good color, especially for a Yammer.

·
Super Moderator
6,688 Posts
Picked up another set freshly bored to 65mm. Redline doesn't do resleeves but I do want to have them done eventually because they are ported.

The color of the frame is a royal purple
that blows you gonna port the new set or did you buy them ported? pics bro pics….

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
that blows you gonna port the new set or did you buy them ported? pics bro pics….
they are ported but not case matched so I will need to do that. I will get some pics soon.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts