Everything2Stroke Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
370banshee said:
or you could just loosen that big nut on the bottom of the flaot bowl and access the main that way. but i usually do ti nicks way just so i can spray it all out while i'm in there. but if you wann go faster you can loosen that big nut on the bottom (18mm) i think and stick a 6mm socket in there and pop teh main out. oh yeah don;t tighten the hell outta the new mina it'll break you just want it snug enough that it won't loosen but not so tight that it breaks. id say when the threads bottom out give it bout a 1/8-1/4 turn
I have seen the large nut that you are talking about on the bottom of other carbs but im almost positive that mine dosnt have a nut there. The drain hose on the bottom of the carb is molded to the carb bowl its self I think. Did they change something else on the banshee over the years?? Mine is an 01 and I dont think my 2000 had that nut on it either. I would have to look to be sure. but I really think I dont have that nut on the bottom.

·
Banned
0 Posts
i thnk mine do??? ah hell just pull the whole bowl off. i've played with so many damn carbs over teh years that i don;t remember if the bnashee has those or not. i do know that Z400's don;t have em. becaue i did a pipe onone and i had to tkae the bowl off. and superman put the screw in hell i had to nick thehad of the screw and tap em otu with as chsiel. what a f*cking joke

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
370banshee said:
i thnk mine do??? ah hell just pull the whole bowl off. i've played with so many damn carbs over teh years that i don;t remember if the bnashee has those or not. i do know that Z400's don;t have em. becaue i did a pipe onone and i had to tkae the bowl off. and superman put the screw in hell i had to nick thehad of the screw and tap em otu with as chsiel. what a f*cking joke
I hear ya on that. I have had my fingers in a million carbs and I have seen lots of them with those nuts on the bottom but I dont think either of my banshees had them.. oh well do it which ever way is easier for you scream'n.

actually he is prolly all done with the pipe installation now and we are still trying to decide if there is a nut on the bottom of the carb bowl...

·
Banned
0 Posts
ok on the top of the carb there is a big alum. looing pile of crap it's called TORS. anyway there is a little brass looking thing that holds teh carb top tight. indo the phillips screw that holds that on. then unscrew the carb cap and when youi pull it out the slide come with it. the slide is tha part that "slides" up and down in teh carb for your throttle position. if you need more help i'll be pulling the carbs outa my 03 shee today to clean em up and i can taek step by step pics for you if you need it

·
Registered
14,217 Posts
scream'ntwostroke said:
Guys im stuck on jetting. I dont know where the carb slide is. We are stuck! :pissed:

the carb slide referrs to the hollow tubes with needle sticking out of bottom
pull those out of carb body and set aside being careful not to hit them off of pipes or bend the needles theyr very prone to dings and bending which will fuc*
up your jetting emensely,theyr soft aluminum , i like to hang left slide off to the left over pipe and right slide off to the right this, will allow you to disconnect all the lines dont forget the bottom2 vent hoses that are routed towards the swingarm. and tilt carbs out on each side to access the bowl screws,then take off each bowl and change the main to bigger jet then id add a #30 pilot and reassemle back the same way you took it off . make sure that you connect the little black hose that connects to each carb it keeps the choke in sync and your bike may not start or run coorect if you forget it.hope this helps ;)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
scream'ntwostroke said:
Im just goin to let my uncle help us tommorow.
if you need more help go to bansheehq and find benbb 's name. in his sig is a link that goes to a whole huge sheet all about jetting a banshee. Its all you will ever need to know about jetting a banshee. Its real easy dont worry about it just take your time and be careful and you will be fine....

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
What are you having problems with? I mean, look at it this way my uncle who has ADD (seriously) who never jetted a carb before did it easily on my blaster. Did you get the full kit? If you did it came with instructions for the jetting. Just follow what it says

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Its easy to do but if you dont feel comfortable doing it then id wait. its worth it to make sure you get it right. I understand being confused. I have been there and it is very confuseing your first time....

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
scream'ntwostroke said:
Ya i know. I want to get it right the first time.
its good that your not afraid to wait. some people wanna throw it right together and ride it weathar its right or not. youll be much happier if you know its all installed right... then let her ripppppppp BBBRRRRRRAAAAAPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

41 - 60 of 62 Posts