Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an 06 banshee with t5s, uni pro design with the lid, 15t front, no snorkel, TORS removed. I want as much reliable power as i can get without boring, stroking, new heads, lots of machining, etc. more or less, what parts can i bolt on that will go well with what i already have? I play ride and occasionally drag race

·
Premium Member
20,428 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
adjustable stator plate a set of v force reeds will help with throttle response and low end

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive been asking around and im thinking vforce reeds, adjustable timing plate, vitos pistons, removing the airbox lid and adding a boost bottle and a 16t front sprocket. anyone see any problems with this setup? Oh, and how much power should i be putting out?

·
Old School but still Cool
2,843 Posts
Forget the boost bottle. V Force reeds are good, but you can save money just buying Boyesen Pro Reeds and using the stock reed cages instead. Adjustable timing plate is a good option as well. Because of the types of trails I ride I kept the air box but drilled the lid and switched to a K&N air filter with the outerwear. If you don't go near water too often then scrap the lid altogether.

·
Premium Member
20,428 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ride trails, but i primarily play ride. I just really want need to know if any of the parts conflict with each other (such as one part that may add top end, and another that will add low end, but rob from the higher end power). Where my friends and i ride, its nothing to run 75 mph for the majority of the day. My 2 friends that i ride with have a Paul Turner quadzilla and the other has a 250R with a CR500 and the shee just cant cut it in nearly stock trim. Where we ride has TONS of long dirt roads in open fields. Just don't want to run the thing 90mph all day long at WOT. Id rather gear it up and add mid to top end power and keep the rpms in the safe zone and ride my LT250R in the woods now that i think of it.

Money isn't too big an object that im going to opt for cheaper parts unless they perform better, I just don't want to do anything irreversible.

No air box lid
32 or 34 mm carbs (or whatever everyone recommends)
Boost bottle
V-Force reeds (or whatever everyone recommends)
Vitos superstock pistons
Adjustable stator plate

Any recommendations or additions would be much appreciated

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
The boost bottle might crack your intake manifold just stick with the standard cross tube. Boost bottles are a gimmick and made of old beer cans.

·
Live to Ride-Ride to Live
3,139 Posts
Also ditch the vito's superscrap pistons, they are casted junk... get a set of wiseco's... and only if what you have now needs replaced.

Best bang for your buck would be port work, then get cool heads with smaller domes or have your stock heads milled. That along with more timing and your t'5 and maybe some 30mm carbs would be a great set up.
I honestly think a 16t front sprocket might be just a little too much for a mild shee too pull without it being a total dog of the line. ( but I don't have a banshee or rode one with a 16t front sprocket so idk...) drop a few in the rear if you think you need more gear and see where that takes you.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
As said portwork will be the best bang for your dollar. It will NOT hurt reliability. Also you do not need bigger carbs.

You are on the right track imo about the other mods. If moneys allows, cooling head with an appropriate dome size(whoever is porting your engine should be able to tell you whats best). vforce3 reeds are nice good. Gives it a very crisp feel. Timing plate as said.

I really wouldnt mess with portwork until you top end needs a rebuild. That way you can continue to enjoy your bike as is. You can still throw on a timing plate and other mods listed. I'm sure your banshee takes a while to rev out in 6th with a 15t front sprocket.

For porting, call up Flotek on here and have a chat with him. Very good prices and great turn around.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the recommendations guys, only thing is, i just got stationed in camp casey, korea. Cant really be there to pull it apart and do it myself, ya know? i know a few people that could, im just very particular with my stuff. Also, i want to try to keep it on 93 octane because the nearest place to get anything higher is exactly 99 miles from my house. So, more or less everyone agrees that porting is a good start. what about piston modification, dome modification, so on? does everyone agree with v-force? what timing do i use? Again, thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
i said the same as u did bud well get the head shaved 20thousands still runs 93 then get rid of the air box or at least the lid the reeds are nice the timeing is a must adv 4 deg then u will have a nice reliable bike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts