Everything2Stroke Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
99' banshee starts great, idels good. but give it the gass and nothing, it wont rev. up at all. the carbs have been cleaned about 5 times. got good spark and all the fuel lines and tank filters have been cleaned. got good spark to. any one got any ideas? please let me know!

·
Premium Member
8,580 Posts
It's your TORS. THere is a control unit under the front left fender it will have a white connector with 3 wires. Disconnect this and then try it. The TORS will limit the REVs when your ebrake is not adjusted and also when your carb sticks. This is what the big thing is on top of your carb. Let me know if this helps.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have them spliced together to get rid of the throttel switch. will the the box still cause problems?

·
Premium Member
8,580 Posts
go-blow-or roll said:
i have them spliced together to get rid of the throttel switch. will the the box still cause problems?
The TORS box should stop the Rev Limiting I Believe I have all the TORs Crap removed. Just try disconnecting the TORS Unit and see what happens.

·
Banned
0 Posts
did it rev up ok before you started cutting and splicing the TORS???

oh yeah did you plug the TORS on the carb tops back in after you cleaned them???
just unplug the TORS box all together and try it then let us know whats up with it??

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well guys i found the problem, after about 2 hours with a DVM and a timing light. here's the story if anyone cares lol. last year i bypasses the parking barke and tors safety switches. well last summer i hit a tree with it and had it in boxes over the winter.......any ways i put it all back together.......i unhooked the parking brake wires and left the tors connected. picked right up, why it ran fine last year? got me. now all i got to do is get it cleaned out, pretty loaded up. THANKS FOR THE INPUT GUYS!!!!

·
Banned
733 Posts
glad to see that you figured out your problem. on my 2000 shee i have a twist throttle and was putting the bike back together and accidently plugged the tors box in and the shee had no spark at all. finally i figured out that that didn't need to be connected.. unplugged it and she started right up..... o'well i'm just babblign away like anyone cares..........

·
Banned
0 Posts
thats why i cut al the tors wiring out of my waring harnesses on both of my banshees. i figure that way even if i "space out" for a minute i don't accedently plug anything in that doesn't need to be. it's all about simplicity and idoit proofing (chris proofing) things with me. plus they look crappy hanging around in the frame

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah good point ***, thats what took me so long to figure it out! i didn't go to the simple things first. and the fact it ran fine last year wired up like that!

·
Banned
0 Posts
well glad to hear that it runs fine now. i'd say just buy the carb caps and cable for like $50 and get rid of the rest of the tors crap including the sensor in teh throttle box and the little black box. it all weightr nothing but the less wres the better things look. then after you cut all the old plugs and TORS woring out then just re loom the harness with some good elec. tape. hey if you wanna be colorful you can buy phasing tape (colored elec tape) and choose from bout 5 colors. red, blue, white, yellow, orange, brown. maybe others. check home depo for something like that

·
Banned
733 Posts
taking all the wiring out from the tors really cleans up the look of the quad.. you don't have all those loose ends hanging everywhere..... the phasing tape would look real nice as long as it goes with your color scheme......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts