Everything2Stroke Forum banner

41 - 60 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
yes im interested b/c i need a rear shock and im pretty sure a newer used z400 shock will be a better idea than an older lt250r shock.

·
Registered
132 Posts
how about z400 Front shocks? will those work out?

because looking on ebay, ive been noticing that a lot of people put that the z400 shocks fit 400ex, and if the 400ex shocks fit, then that would mean the z400 fit. hmmmm anyoneee? PLEASE

·
Registered
884 Posts
kane are you ever going to organise all of this info? geez come on now...

·
Registered
884 Posts
370banshee said:
88-92 hubs and axle are 26 spline (LT500Rs also)
crash said:
I know LTZ400 rear hubs will fit on a 1992 LT250.
What other hubs are 26spline that work with the 88-92 axle? I'm not for sure what hubs are on my lt but i've got 4bolts. The hubs are not as long as what the stocks were. I think this because i had to put about a quarter inch spacer in it to get the axle nut back to the hole for the pin.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
The bitch of this is I've recieved lots of e-mails telling me what will swap with what, but very little in the way of pics to prove it. I don't want to write an article stating you can do something based on "I've heard". BTW, the rear hubs on your 88-92 LT250 and 87-90 LT500 will swap out with Suzuki LT400Z, Kawasaki's KFX(KXF?)400, Arctic cats version of the 400, and 3 others I can't pull out of my memory this early in the AM. This is fact, I've done it. It allows a much greater and wider range of tires and wheels to be used as Honda about made the standard with the 4/110 wheel pattern. These are slip-on hubs too, not anything requiring a hammer to fit to your LT's axle. Some of the differnt variations will require a small spacer such as yours did but most are direct fit.

I picked up a Z400 rear shock and tried it but went back to the original as it seemed a bit too soft at the firmest settings. On the LT500R, without resorting to high-end racing brands, the stock shocks are simply the best I've come across.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
85-86 quadsport 230 seat cover will fit the 85-86 lt250r with a little pulling.
quadsport 230 headlight will fit all the quadracers.
quadsport rear disc fits the lt250r's.
230 quadsport swingarm bolt is the same as all the quadracers
the cdi boxes are the same on the 87-92 lt250r and the lt500r but the 85-86 lt250r is different.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Yeah, I've tried this one out and they will work fine. 87-92 LT250R and 87-90 LT500R are the same. I've yet to bother trying the 85-86 CDI since it's different, so I figure it likely wouldnt work.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I bought a cdi off of ebay but i can't remember what year it is.. Is there any way to find out what year it is? I know it' looks the same as 87+, and that it has all the same wires.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Dang, I'd have to lie to you, bro. Can't hurt to try it. If it doesnt work and you fry the CDI, what other use did you have for it anyway? Like as not, when a CDI won't work on another machine, it does no harm to either the stator or CDI when trying it out. As long as you can identify the wires you should be able to connect it with no problems. I was under the impression (no proof yet) that the 85-86 CDI was different in appearance from the rest.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Honda 450r front shocks will NOT work.I was reading that the 400ex shocks fit and the 450r's fit the 400ex so i figured i would try. Even with my +2 arms it had my quad sitting so high in the air it actually became narrower in the front then stock.Please save your $$$ and get something LT specific for suspension. Just thought i'd share that.. Later

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Ask away. I keep notes on all the various things I've swapped out over the last 25+ years, plus many people here do swaps all the time.

41 - 60 of 204 Posts