Everything2Stroke Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems thats the kick starter gears are flakeing off and getting into stater after it got replaced twice.Was woundering how to stop this and if any body has info about it.Also the kick starter is hard to kick...Any info will help its my friends thanks.I didt look at it yet.

· 4stokesLazy2strokesCrazy!
7,770 Posts
Just guessing here but it sounds like a gear mesh problem.
You are either meshed too tight (the gears are jammed into each other causing immediate wear),
OR
The gears are meshed too loose (causing the gear tips to break off).
The only other thing I could think of that would cause this is if you have the wrong gear on either the starter or idler gear.

· Registered
449 Posts
Just guessing here but it sounds like a gear mesh problem.
You are either meshed too tight (the gears are jammed into each other causing immediate wear),
OR
The gears are meshed too loose (causing the gear tips to break off).
The only other thing I could think of that would cause this is if you have the wrong gear on either the starter or idler gear.
I agree especially based on the kick starter being hard to kick.

· Free 4-stroke beatdowns!
890 Posts
They are hard to kick. There should be a compression release lever near the cylinder head. Just push that lever before you kick it & it'll spin right over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.