Everything2Stroke Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a bent front spindel(well i think it is) the tire has a pretty bad negative camber, will one off of a blaster fit?

·
Banned
0 Posts
no a blaster spindle won't fit onless it's a 2003-2004 blaster.
also 87-90 banshees use differnt spindles. if you have an a arm banshee then you need 91 or newer spindles. check ebay but plan on spending at least 45-50. thats if you get lucky i've seen a pair go for 150 before

·
FMF Whore
1,776 Posts
I noticed that mine had some frankenstiching done to it last month. Apparantly the arm (held in with the 2 allen-bolts) that connects to the tie rod must've been screwed up. I guess the guy couldn't get the bolts out so he decided to put some booger welds (really crappy lookin) on it. Well there was a crack in the weld so I ground it off and put a wrench on the allens. One came loose but the other snapped off. Needless to say I drilled it out and tapped that puppy. Now there's a grade 8 bolt in it! It probably would have looked stupid but I painted it black so you can hardly tell.

That spindle costs about $210 from Yamaha so try to find a used one or give her some persuading. Anybody seen my persuader (30 lbs. sledge)??????

·
Banned
733 Posts
PA_Banshee said:
I noticed that mine had some frankenstiching done to it last month. Apparantly the arm (held in with the 2 allen-bolts) that connects to the tie rod must've been screwed up. I guess the guy couldn't get the bolts out so he decided to put some booger welds (really crappy lookin) on it. Well there was a crack in the weld so I ground it off and put a wrench on the allens. One came loose but the other snapped off. Needless to say I drilled it out and tapped that puppy. Now there's a grade 8 bolt in it! It probably would have looked stupid but I painted it black so you can hardly tell.

That spindle costs about $210 from Yamaha so try to find a used one or give her some persuading. Anybody seen my persuader (30 lbs. sledge)??????
here is a link to a set of spindles on e-bay, don't expect to pay anything less than $50 for them!!
http://search.ebay.com/banshee-spindles_W0QQhtZ1QQsosortpropertyZ1

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok, nice! thanks for the input guys!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
has anyone seen aftermarket spindels?

·
Premium Member
8,580 Posts
I don't think you will find someone who makes it. There is no real advantage to having billet spindels. It's not like hubs where that is a rotational mass. I am sure you can have a machine show make a set for a price. :)

·
Banned
733 Posts
it would be a real steep price to pay to get some billet spindles, but i see no reason for them. you'll never see them and they won't improve performance but if you really want that done i'm sure someone would be glad to take your cash to make them...

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah got a good point there Banshee! i was just wondering, i looked through all the after market books at work and didn't see anything, guess i'll have to do some e-bay shoping. thanks for the help guys!!

·
Banned
733 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hey, great thanks!!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts