Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What plug do you guys recommend for a 1997 KX250? And is plug selection very important? I am running a platinum plug in my bike and it just does not perform.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
NGK B8ES is my standard, it's what alot of people use. but consult the service manual for the proper heat range (B8ES, B9ES etc. the higher the # the colder the plug.)

don't deviate from the factory heat range unless i HAS to be done

·
Registered
95 Posts
I reccoment the ngk b8es. 5he b7es could burn a hole in the top of your piston over time they usually don't foul because they are a hotter plug. If you have it jetted right and don't load the bike up and don't use the engine compression to slow down you shouldn't foul plugs I sually get quite a few hours in without fouling plugs my 01 yz250 I've had for 2 years hasn't had a plug yet

·
Registered
82 Posts
right from the kawasaki web site.
NGK B8EVX
kawasaki.com
go under owner info
parts diagrams
click continue on motorcyle
then put in yr size ect.

this will give you a spec sheet for the whole bike
hope this helps
Kawie

·
Registered
7 Posts
wellll... it depends on how hard you ride, a br8es will work good and you will not foul it if your woods riding and stuff, but if you ride in the open and ride pretty hard, run a br9es. because the lower the number the hottter running the plug will be and if your running too hot of a plug too hard you can burn a hole in your piston. but my dad had a kx250 and he ran br9es. and that's what i run in my kx85 and kx125. hope it helps

1 - 10 of 10 Posts