Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks I got a 1986 Lt250r and When I was taking off the damper I nicked my brand new source coil and now I'm not getting any spark so I figured it was bad and I found another older stator laying around with a source coil on it. Now I tested the old source coil I found for resistance and its not reading anything its not even changing the numbers on the multimeter at all. Does this mean its no good?

What is the Ohms of resistance a good source coil should read??

When I tested it what I did was put on end on the mount part of the csource coil that holds it onto the stator and the other end on the wire coming out of the source coil..

Is this how you test it?? If not how do you test the source coil??

Thanks much..

Also I have a bent a-arm and I bought a new one but no matter what I try I cannot disconnect the a-arm from the steering nuckle... I can't get the tie rod end or wishbone mounts out. Are they pressed in or something I tried beating them out with a hammer and had no luck...

Any ideas?? thanks

·
Registered
364 Posts
Also I have a bent a-arm and I bought a new one but no matter what I try I cannot disconnect the a-arm from the steering nuckle... I can't get the tie rod end or wishbone mounts out. Are they pressed in or something I tried beating them out with a hammer and had no luck...
Are you talking about the upper or lower a-arm? Removing the lower ball joint from the steering knuckle can be a pain. Just make sure you remove the bolt that goes through the knuckle, then I would use a pry bar.

As for "wishbone mounts", I am assuming you are talking about the bearings inside the a-arms that the bolts that mount them to the frame go through. On 85-86, they are spherical bearings pressed in with a circlip on both sides. I tried removing these also and its a pain. Half of the circlips were rusted in. If you can get those clips out, use a vise, block of wood, and a socket that will fit to press them out. I cannot find the spherical bearings except the special kits from Pivot Works, etc, and they are very expensive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts