Everything2Stroke Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
If your talking about the lobes of the crank having play, no thats not good lol. There should be very little rod play as well, The trx dosent have thrust washers at the piston like the lt's, they are on the big end.

·
1986 Honda TRX 250r
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
im talking about the crank assembly inside of the cases. the crank is moving side to side on the MAIN CRANK CASE BEARINGS. Thanks

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
That is not good at all. How much play is there? Is this a old crank? Never delt with hot rod bearings but I cant see them being a different size than oem.

·
1986 Honda TRX 250r
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
how do i get it fixed?!?!?! haha thats what i ve been asking all along. anyway. i took the crank out and noticed that the crank bearing is deeper in the case on the left case. So pressed it back out a little and it fixed the problem. I am NEVER buying used cases EVER again. theres always something.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Maybe those bearings are different than oem and must be used with a hot rods crank. I doubt just pressing the bearing to where you need it to be will solve the problem. I'd just buy oem bearings anyways as I dont trust anything else for mains

·
1986 Honda TRX 250r
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I have no clue what i should do. Maybe buy thicker bearings or something. If not, screw it, im throwin it together. Its not much movement. but my hotrods crank fit WAY tighter. My bearings dont fit very tight on the crank compared to the hotrods. Do you guys have to press your bearings on your cranks or do they just slide on?

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I'd measure your bearings and go to the dealership and measure an oem bearing. The bearings should not just slide on either. I have to use a crank puller to get the the crank in the bearing on mine. I also wouldnt just throw it together till you got this figured out. If your crank walks at high rpm its gonna cost you alot more than just a set of bearings or a new crank.

·
1986 Honda TRX 250r
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
man. this is causing all sorts of problems. im going to have to buy a crank then......... because mine is worn. i guess.. whats weird is where the seal runs on the flywheel side, where the bearing does NOT run, it still slides on easily. Maybe when i put them on my hotrods crank it stretched the id out a little on the bearing or something./\

·
1986 Honda TRX 250r
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
well i think i have found a lupole. (spelling) im going to get some shims from the autparts store and shim it so there is no movement. then im going to get some loctite and put that on the crank races and bearing races just to make sure that doesnt want to spin. Unless tughill283 wants to sell his crank to me for cheap.

·
Registered
776 Posts
to be honest with ya im kinda uneasy about selling that crank to a member on here,i dont want you to throw it all together and have a crank i sold you fall apart.the loctite is a good idea and on my crank the bearings fit tighter in the case than on the crank.you can almost slide the bearings on the crank with hand strength.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
well i think i have found a lupole. (spelling) im going to get some shims from the autparts store and shim it so there is no movement. then im going to get some loctite and put that on the crank races and bearing races just to make sure that doesnt want to spin. Unless tughill283 wants to sell his crank to me for cheap.

Man save your cash and do it right. Either buy a hotrods crank or, your best bet, buy some oem bearings. If you have a bad failure caused by those bearings with that crank its gonna cost you alot more than the 50bucks or so for oem bearings. Thats a fact

21 - 35 of 35 Posts