Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this isnt a 2 stroke but we were looking at a rhino for plowing snow. The model we were looking at was the 09 yamaha rhino with the 700efi. Are there any problems with these. does the fuel injection work. I also saw it has some time of v belt transmission. Do these hold up well. Also is the polaris ranger any better of a machine. Thanks for any input ahead of time. And i know its not a 2 stroke but maybe someone has some experience with one.

·
Registered
871 Posts
ya i have heard that the teryx is a really good machine. it all depends on what u wanna do. kubota makes a really good one to its more for work around the house than the rhino ranger and teryx

·
Super Moderator
3,874 Posts
i have a 05 rhino 660. ive had it for about 2 years now with no probs whatsoever. its slower than the teryx or rzr but it all depends on what you need out of a sxs.

as far as the cvt tranny, its flawless unless you pull an extremely heavy load and make the belt start slipping. ive pulled a ford ranger up a hill and mine didnt slip though lol.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea mainly this is gonna be a work machine. think were gonna go to a different dealer and see if they can do any better on price. im kinda leaning towards the ranger. does the ranger have a dif locker?

·
HillClimb/DirtDrag Champ
5,567 Posts

·
Registered
14,217 Posts
i repaired a built up Rhino recently and had it around for over a month ,in that time i spent alot of evenings playing with it ,things i liked: the ergos in the cab, the dump bed the ground clearance ,things i wasnt real impressed with was the time it took to hit top speed (could paint your toenails!)and the golf cart handling ,such a heavy cumbersome vehicle in trails.i think i would take a RZR over those mentioned .they are fast and nimble (perfect size)and can make decent chore horses

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
I use a Polaris Ranger 500 6X6 to plow our driveway, has a 6' plow and just have to load the rearend with sand bags to offset the weight of the heavy ass plow. but plows through anything and everything we've needed it to.

·
Registered
521 Posts
we own a kawasaki mule, and for work, it is amazing. its an 04 i think and we've put it through a lot of work. i've been through mud, snow, water, over rocks, and anything else and its never got stuck. we use it to tow a 20 foot trailer with hay and 15 people for hayrides at our church and it has no problem doing it! i've never driven any of the other ones but for work i dont think you could do any better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts