Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 622 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive seen threads with people showing other bikes but I have yet to see one for the 250R. So lets see some. Ill start off. Mine looks like a big turd though but here goes.

·
DEY TUK ER JUBBS
3,224 Posts
heres mine. its took apart right now, got my cylinder ported and its gettin bored and honed right now, should have it back together and running in a day or two. I hope to get some new red maier fenders sometime, I think it will make this thing look bad.

whats up with the frame, RichM1983? did somebody run out of spray paint? your bike would look pretty good, just needs a little tlc, maybe a new pipe and silencer and some matching fenders and you'd have a classic looking R.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ky 2stroker said:
heres mine. its took apart right now, got my cylinder ported and its gettin bored and honed right now, should have it back together and running in a day or two. I hope to get some new red maier fenders sometime, I think it will make this thing look bad.

whats up with the frame, RichM1983? did somebody run out of spray paint? your bike would look pretty good, just needs a little tlc, maybe a new pipe and silencer and some matching fenders and you'd have a classic looking R.
I like your bike and I agee with the plastic idea you have. I want to get new plastic and a new frame because the frame I have has been beat on really hard.

My frame was powder coated like that purposely by the previous owner. they had the frame done like that and then had yellow and red plastics on it. i still have the yellow plastic but its rough to. I plan on new plastic and frame and I have an LRD complete exhuast and a new +4 axle coming and some more work on top of that. The only problem is that I have to wait until NEXT summer to do the work because of shool.

By the way the seat doesnt fit because its a 400ex seat.

·
DEY TUK ER JUBBS
3,224 Posts
yea its a esr trx 11 drag pipe. it has to be the fattest 2 stroke pipe I've ever seen, but I wish I never bought it. I didnt know it before I bought it that it doesnt work hardly worth a shit if you still have a stock 250cc motor. its just way to much pipe and doesnt work correctly. it does give you a hard hitting top end powerband, but no extra power than before . but now I got a trx 5 pipe, which is what I should have got in the first place. so If anyone would be interested in a drag pipe, its for sale or trade.

on my frame, the red paint is startin to flake off in spots, and i also had to weld a few spots that I found cracked after I bought it. If I could find a place to do it, I'd like to get it re-powdercoated red. it also has some kind of aftermarket extended swingarm, its black, but I dont know what kind it is.

when I save up enough money Im gonna get some brand new front and rear red plastics. and I already got a black racing hood to go with it. I think it should match up pretty good. its got a really nice blue seat cover, I guess it matches the front shocks, and the rest of the bike will be black and red.

·
DEY TUK ER JUBBS
3,224 Posts
heres a quick side view. just from looking at the pic, could anyone make out what kind/size swingarm I got?

·
86lt250r
415 Posts
These are the closest pics I have.

·
Banned
2,626 Posts
heres mine it s for sale and the last one is one I just got rid of.

·
Registered
227 Posts
And heres mine

·
Banned
2,626 Posts
its blown up right now but Ill take 1600 for it after I rebuild it I want 2500 its got a 295cc big bore sleve and has alot ALOT of extras!

·
Registered
32 Posts
hey guys im new to the forum and i just got my r about a mo. ago. going to be a great winter project. let me know what ya think. i do need some parts like suspension, front and top motor mounts, vforce 3 reeds, esr trx 6 exhaust, aftermarket extended axel, the plate that holds on my pulsator, and a gas tank. please let me know if u have anything.please let me know ofant other aftermarket parts u have!!!

let me know what u guys think

josh

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks pretty nice flinter......Im in the same situation as your in....Mines a project to....I have new plastics just like in my avatar with Duncan graphics and seat cover, plus 4 RPM axle, complete LRD exhaust, new 265 topend, perfect frame thats never been worked on, new rear and front tires/rims, and more I want to pick up.

If anyone has a nice 88 89 swinger and some nice +2 arms and some +2 steel front lines I'd be interested in buying them.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Yeah it counts. You keep a clean bike.

You know I havent noticed a bike with case induction since I looked at the old LT's from 85/86. Then again I dont look at bikes because I always wrecked when I tried them. Front brakes, downhill, and dirt or wet grass doesnt mix well when your on a bike.

1 - 20 of 622 Posts