Everything2Stroke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody have the shift star modified on their banshee?? i know that magic racing sells a shift star for like $45. i talked to a guy on banshee HQ that modifies your shift star for $25 including shipping one way. plus it's a 1 day turnaround. he said the day he gets the star he does it and ships it out next day. the modified shift star is supposed to smooth out how the shifter feels between gears and also make it easier to find neutral. so no more clicking up then clicking down then clicking up til you find neutral. also it's supposed to stop when you do find neutral when your looking for second (i do this all the time) any body have that mod or interested in that mod

·
Banned
733 Posts
i really don't know... $45 for a new one is a pretty good price, and $25 for your own to get moded. i think i would just spend the extra $20 and buy the new one!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,580 Posts
I have looked at these plenty of times but not willing to spend the money on internal part till the motor goes pop.

·
Banned
733 Posts
Banshee said:
I have looked at these plenty of times but not willing to spend the money on internal part till the motor goes pop.
totally understandable.... but sence i'm building my shee from the ground up i'll probably go ahead and do it. that way i won't have to tear it apart for just that..

·
Premium Member
8,580 Posts
I hear yeah. When my motor pops there is going to be some serious work done to it. My shee will probably out of commision for a good amount of time.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my engine did pop so thats why i'm gonna do that mod now. hopefully i don't get the chance to do it to the 94 engine anytime soon

·
Smart Guy
236 Posts
I know this is an old, OLD thread, but does the shift star go on the clutch side of the engine, or do you have to actually split the case and get into the transmission?

·
Taking Names...
3,441 Posts
its on the clutch side but you have to split the case to get at it and Ithink you have to remove the entire shift drum to get it out...I had to get a new shift drum after I cracked mine...See what happens when you think you don't need a clutch to shift from neutral?

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
under teh clutch side case.. when you pull the basket off yours.. you'll see the shaft shaft... pull that back and the star is under there...

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
It's Not worth the time to do unless you drag race a lot Down shifting is a real bitch some times with missed gears....

·
cocky knowitall bastard
2,717 Posts
I would agree I did it on my old banshee. It was a minor difference. You would notice more from a new shifter probably.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i was told it was alot easier to find neutral.... my 03 is tough to find neutral on sometimes..... but that could be teh shifter that never stays tight i guess...

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
i have one and i love it they are the best cheap mod i ever made and i have made alot of mods lol

·
cocky knowitall bastard
2,717 Posts
I think you could manage to do the mod yourself (***) its not that hard. It would be a sinch with the porting tool I have. Kinda like cutting a boost port in a piston sounds complicated but it takes me about 15 min at the most.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts