Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so a guy on a ebay has a 250r cylinder ported by a company called SD? It has SD engraved on the jug & you can clearly see that it has been ported. Just wondering if someone has any info on it. Couldn't find nothing on google, possibly out of business? Wants $150 & it needs bored! Too much? Appreciate any input, thanks guys!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I never heard of them. That's a tough call. Does it show any good pics of the ports? As you may know, buying used without credible work, can bite your ass.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can see a good shot of the transfers from the bottom, looks pretty good I guess. But yeah, that's what I'm afraid off. Might be a dune or a drag port, & that wouldn't do me any good!

·
Registered
64 Posts
It also depends on what bore it is currently. It may only have 1 bore left.
I've been looking for a 250R cylinder and max bores (or close) seem to be the norm.
I've been looking at Eddie Sanders 310 kits. They are cheaper than I thought they would be.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dude, if you go ESR, from what I've read, get the cylinder unported & have somebody more reputable do it. Just google 310 kits & read up on them!

·
Vendor
1,500 Posts
There are many people who ceremoniously put their names on cylinders. The performance is all that matters, the word gets around quickly enough good or bad.
CR cylinders are a normal sleeve replacement; standard, larger or smaller bore.

John Tice
503-593-2908 Alternate 541-508-3944
www.smallenginemachineworks.com & www.nwsleeve.com
Turning Custom Cylinder Sleeves Since 1971

:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts