Everything2Stroke Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a 2001 yz 250 and during the engine tear down I noticed that this plug/screw was loose and siliconed into place. It’s got a small crush washer on it and I looked everywhere in my manual but couldn’t find anything on it. The threads are stripped out and it won’t tighten either. Is anybody familiar with this or have an idea of what it might be? It’s on the left side of the crankcase beside the generator cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Recently bought a 2001 yz 250 and during the engine tear down I noticed that this plug/screw was loose and siliconed into place. It’s got a small crush washer on it and I looked everywhere in my manual but couldn’t find anything on it. The threads are stripped out and it won’t tighten either. Is anybody familiar with this or have an idea of what it might be? It’s on the left side of the crankcase beside the generator cover.
[/QUOTE
a mistake?not sure why there would be a plug on what should be the dry side of the gear box,only owned 2 Yamahas ever on a sea of red or green though I did split the cases on the yz85 and don't remember any plug on that side

·
Old School but still Cool
2,845 Posts
Its called a plate stopper that secures the case guard so that in the event the chain snaps that guard won't break in two easily and shove the guard into the back of the stator housing and crack it. I had a 2000 yz that had one of those. If you can find a diagram its part no. 5DH-18562-00-00 and you have to find the shift cam section to see it listed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts