Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Yamaha Blaster 200
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my blaster 200 doesn’t have the original carb, previous owner got a knockoff from Amazon and it ran ok. It hauled in the cold. So I got a jet kit and put the 230 main in it. Didn’t run much better. Then I got the 220 and it was a little better, then I put a 210 in and it ran like absolute crap. Bogging a ton and acting like it had too much fuel. Shut the fuel off and it would slowly get better, then haul and run great for 2 seconds, then die Bc it’s outta fuel. Put the 220 that ran ok back in and same problem. Float level ok and isn’t coming out of the vent lines. Any ideas? Should I get a new carb? Did I mess it up somehow?

Heres a link to a couple vids. You can see it bogs, then I shut the fuel off, and it bogs, leans out, runs great, then dies. Videos with the 230 jet installed.

·
Registered
2001 Yamaha Blaster 200
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I’m sick of this. I have a 200 jet in the carb, float level set, throttle needle set to the leanest and it still runs like dog💩. Can I just buy a knockoff? Any other ideas on what the problem is? There a way to get a oem carb or a genuine mikuni carb? The throat measures 28mm. Are carbs measured by the throat size or outside diameter? What should I get a 28 or 38 mm carb?
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts