Everything2Stroke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my question is
the reed spacer have to be in the front of the back of the reed valve ?
does it make any difference ?:blob5:

·
Registered
485 Posts
They are put on the cylinder side of the reeds.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
na i m not stock i have a ported job done .i askin u dis because
since i put on the aluminium air box and use the reed spacer for my carb to be closer
my bike cuttin out on the top end when i stay too long in my last gear
i mean by cuttin out :it s doin like it runin out of gas and when i ease up on the throttle it s comin back normal but if stick the throttle in sixth gear ,close to revin out it will bug down after let say 8 second after.
i m try the test to find out if i have on the right the main jet by strechting the last gear and shut down the engine while i have the cluch in .the colour of the spark plug after dat test was brown like chocolate .so i m guess dat jet it s fine .
can i have some opinion from the elders in dat game lol
pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
sounds like your sucking your carbs dry .. you may need an adjustment on the float or you posilbly have some sand in your filter that is attached to the petcock .. you will have to drain your tank, pull it off your bike and remove the two screws.. the filters are right there see if there blocked and it is probably a good time to go thru the carbs.. clean em.. and inspect the reeds

·
Face Down in a brewski
2,821 Posts
Sounds like hooked on phonics was skipped....

Are you trying to put reed spacers on to solve a top end miss problem?
Only reason you need reed spacers is on stock cylinders and larger carbs to clear the clutch arm...period.

Just because your plugs are chocolate does NOT mean your jetting is fine, the electrical system checks out, you don't have an air leak, etc.

You mentioned wide open in 6th.
Follow this to a perfect T....to check your main.

2-Stroke Plug Chop How-to

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
na dajogejr i m using the spacer cause with the aluminum air box my air boots was too short so i had to use spacer to bring it closer.
i didn t check electrical yet i will double check for air leak .
i didn t have this problem before the alu air box .
thanks to y" all

·
Registered
703 Posts
what did you have pod filters? my guess is that with the restricted flow of the air box you are on the rich side. if you had an airleak you prolly woulda broke a motor (lean conditon) i would rejet it and see what happens. i have seen bikes actually foul the plug and stall wide open in six from being too rich

·
Registered
703 Posts
the other thing that i forgot, do you have stock carbs? if you put the spacer on the carb side, then it goes from that lil hole in the carb (what are they 26mm or something??) to the big open area of the reed block, could be losing velocity, if you stick it on the engine side, it may respond better. just a thought

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what u callin pod filter? i have 2 filter in the air box one for each carb .i forget to mention dat i keep the pre filter on .the alu air box it s the one u could find on ebay .thanks seb

·
Registered
703 Posts
alright heres the deal, i think your not getting as much air or air at the same velocity that you previously were without the spacers (and whatever filter arrangement you had). since not everyone is a plug reading expert, check your main jet size, go slightly larger (next step maybe 2 steps). see if your WOT stumble gets worse (happens sooner or shuts the motor off) then you know for sure that you are WAY too rich. then you can go leaner than the baseline jet. hope that helps

·
Face Down in a brewski
2,821 Posts
Get rubber tubes to hook to the back of the carbs/boots.
Running reed spacers on a motor that doesn't need them to make an air box work is just a bad idea.....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts