Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I traded my 1997 YZ80 for a 1996 YZ250 which has a clutch issue..Im SUPER bad at explaining things so I took a video which shows exactly whats going on..Really hope someone can tell me whats wrong here..Thanks in adv guys...

·
Registered
35 Posts
canvas.jpg
After looking at this parts breakdown fiche, it appears that you are not missing anything in the area you showed us in the video. Newer YZ's and many other bikes do have a bearing between the "button" and the pressure plate, but your generation doesn't according to the fiche.
A quick google search, and I found many results for push rod problems on YZ's. I read a few threads, and it sounds common to lose your clutch action on high mile YZ's. Replacing the push rod, and actuator arm was a repeating solution in these threads. The wear is usually evident at the actuator end of the push rod, and on the actuator itself.
Here's some pics from a similar problem on a newer YZ (2013)
DSCN0811.jpg
DSCN0812.jpg
This is assuming that your baskets and clutch plates are assembled correctly, it would be worthwhile to make sure there isn't an extra clutch plate in there or something stupid like that.
Post some clear pics of the push rod and actuator

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome and thanks for the reply Dan ..im about to take the cover off in a bit and take a few pics of the rod and actuator then post them..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts