Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is why I will be getting a fullface helmet and no longer using sunglasses(safety type) and a mx helmet for dragging.
I'm also gonna invest in some better gear longsleeve shirt and jeans just cut it this time.

·
1 OUT OF 3 AINT BAD
3,235 Posts
Dam Mike you take a rock to the face?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually the dirt at the end of the track

·
Premium Member
20,430 Posts
Took a tumble? Glasses get jammed up in the helmet?

. | . | .

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea lenses came out (harley safety riding glasses) visor and chin helped direct gravel to my face. It looks bad but doesn't hurt it's the stuff that didnt bruise that hurts. But I walked away so it wasn't that bad.

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
shit man goggles are a must... i took a branch across the bridge of my nose once man i thought i was gonna die.. couldnt see shit and my eyes were watering and i had my goggles on... thought i broke my damn nose... at least you are ok and didnt suffer any permanent eye damage

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
true goggles might have a lil better but I don't want to take anymore chances with my pretty mug :D gonna get a fullface for the drags.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
me too from what I heard it was quite a spill.

·
Old School but still Cool
2,844 Posts
That looks rough. I hate wiping out like that too.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
dang it even made you ugly! ..lol just kidding
he was ugly long before that lol, just playing
out of something bad it could have been much worse, thank god it wasn't man

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
he was ugly long before that lol, just playing
out of something bad it could have been much worse, thank god it wasn't man
I do believe that i told the emt as he was cleaning my face that he doesn't have to be too careful it's not like i got george clooney looks.

But yea I got lucky to walk away with with some scratches and bruises, and thanks to the guys( joe, his brother and friends) there that helped me out and kept checking to see that i was ok.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Man I am happy to see your ok crashing on the top end could have been a whole bunch worse. Most serious draggers down here run full faced helmets. Just be happy you didn't break anything cause you know what they say and crash you can walk away from is a good one.

Now since your ok how did the bike fare?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's the worse part, it wasn't mine, joe did my motor and it sucked the reeds in the carb so he had me ride his to see how mine was gonna run and try out the override tranny. Had 4 or 5 good passes last one was best till the end, consensus is i grabbed the front brakes too hard and over corrected. as of right now I know it wrecked the rear axle, upper and lower hood plastics , tierod end and most likely handlebars and one of the wheels i think, also cracked front plastics. working on getting him the parts as I find out whats needed, so hopefully it will be back out next month for the next event

·
Registered
745 Posts
And this is why I don't have front brakes on my drag bike so I don't have that option. Naw I'm just kidding I don't have them on cause I run spinndle mounts.

Besides front brakes are only on a bike to slow you down.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts