Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
that really sucks for a lot of people. its not just michigan though. Hell, a person damn near needs a dollar or 2 an hour raise just to make it back and forth to work anymore, let alone "pay to play". GOtta pay to make the money, you might as well pay to have a weekend or however long to have some R+R...it does suck for the local buisnesses though.

·
Banned
644 Posts
man that really blows, ive never got to make it over there either and like the article says its getting more and more expensive to be able to...i just hope one day ill make it over there and enjoy the dunes

·
Registered
373 Posts
i hope its not too expensive by next year. gas prices really dont stop us for vacations and we are hoping next years trip to silver lake will follow to the next years.

·
Registered
724 Posts
It's about 50 $$ in gas for me to drive the 1 1/2 hours up there and about 30 $$ in gas for my wife's quad and mine for 1 day. Plus food and the wife always gets a shirt or something from David Allen Racing I'm looking at spending about 300.00 for a weekend including a room for the stay. It sucks, but it is well worth it. Never had a bad time up there. Will be doing it again here in 2 weeks. August 1-3.

·
1985-1986 Lt250r Genius
2,332 Posts
Yah, I live like 2 1/2 hours from there & I cant do a 3 day weekend without paying $300-$450. However this is what I like to do, I have more of a problem of getting time to do this rather than the money.
I guess you do what you can......

·
Registered
682 Posts
shit for me it will cost me like $350 jus in gas to get there but hopefully if everything goes well ill be going next year!!

·
Registered
466 Posts
have a place there that helps but to haul some of the toys back and forth adds up deisel damn its high

·
Banned
150 Posts
wow that really sucks. im glad at the moment gas is going down, i hope it stays that way. it affects everything. i have even noticed a gallon of juice i buy for my kids go up $0.50! thats just crap. although i wont let it stop me from riding!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts