Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thumbsup:so here is last week i spend about 2 hours trying to bleed my front brakes, it got me on my nerves. i did look in to buying the special bleed tool but it cost $45 . i said to self i use this to buy some 110 vp race fuel. items needed
1. emty 16oz water bottle
2. 1 foot of smallrubber hose
3. brake fluid
4. 5\16 hand tool

step 1. make a small hole on the water bottle cap with a philips screw driver enough for the hose to fit tight
step 2. pour some brake fluid in the bottle.
step 3. remove the your brake reserve cap
step 4. with a 5\16 hand tool losen the bleeder valve , leave tool in place then attach the hose to bleeder. make sure its tight
step 5. loosen the bleeder valve end compress the water bottle to squirt new brake fluid into the brake line, whach as air bubbles come out, new fluid come in. close bleeder valve proceed to do the other side. your done no need to pump your brake lever

hope this helps:thanks:

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
good stuff i have a phenix ,, the brakes on sum harleys this doesnt work... but it does on these .. good post

·
Registered
695 Posts
great post. been using this reverse method for years.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no problem,

·
Play Hard Get Dirty.
1,128 Posts
ohhhhh interesting!!! I like this, thank you for sharing. I hate bleeding the brakes avoid it at all costs but this could help out!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I know this is old but just wanna say a method that worked for me was buying a small check valve and putting it on the tube you have on the bleeder screw. I had rebuilt my master cylinder and tore apart my calipers which made the lines dry completely out of fluid and this took about 10 pumps of conventional bleeding by building pressure up with the lever and releasing pressure through the screw. I had probably tried bleeding my front system for 6 hours before I took it all apart again and let the lines drain out and try it with the check valve. All you need is a little 1/8" check valve like in this picture, only like $3-4 from your local hardware store.
watercheckvalve.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts