Everything2Stroke Forum banner

Pwk carb won't idle

6K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Performance Tune 
#1 ·
Can someone help plz having a hard time getting this pwk 41mm to idle, on my 90 zilla, fmf full exhaust ,it runs great good plug has airbox with uni uni filter with Lil filter holes in the lid ,I've tried different main and slow jets ,I've screwed in idle screw at different turns ,thefuel mix screw 1 1\2 turns stock port I haven't messed with the needle, it's got a 6 slide, not sure needle number though, I haven't even got to ride this beast very much since I got it ,any help would be appreciated, is this carb to big for it ? I was talking to a guy @ keihin but he didn't help and quit answering my calls, he said it was too big?

#2 ·
Definitely not to big but with an fmf pipe it's probably oversized for that pipe setup. When you say won't idle does it just die without fuel, or does it rev high? What exactly is it doing? Also was this something that just developed or has it been an issue since you got the bike?

#3 ·
when did you do a thorough cleaning on the carb last? mains should affect idle until you blip the throttle. did you adjust the idle screw (screw that lifts the slide) on the carb?

#6 ·
Ok, hi guys. I've just found this discussion group and have read thru everyone's problems with the PWK (41.5 and other sizes). I have a YZ250 with a 41.5 PWK that wouldn't start, was dead down low, idle screw all the way in, pilot screw about quarter to half out. I even tried a new cylinder on it, still wouldn't start. So I started brainstorming. I was on a mission. And I finally figured it out and even found more horsepower while doing it! My YZ now runs a 60 pilot, starts on first kick when warm - second kick when cold and idles perfectly now. Send your carbs to my Performance Tune shop and I will get that PWK working properly for $50. Want even more horsepower? Ask for our Performance Tune Race package for an additional $50. We have our own track that we test/tune on. You could as well if you can get to us. You too will be a PWK fan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.