Everything2Stroke Forum banner

161 - 174 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Reviving this from the dead!

I am just now getting back my cylinder from the porting guy.....Oh well at least I got it.

I will post pics as soon as I get some.

The next question is who do I get to put the large head studs in, 0-ring the head, and fix the squish. I contacted Denny at FloTek but I don't know if he does this work or not. I'd like someone trustworthy with a decent turn around time. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
So some more progress on this long forgotten build. I pulled clutch cover to put in a new kicker spring, a new main seal, a new metal collar that acts as a spacer on the crank and an o-ring. I also put on a set of braided front lines. I still have a spongy brake lever. I assume it's the master cylinder at this point. All I need now are jets for the new carb and a head gasket. That stuff should be here by the end of the week. I'm ready to be done with this thing and hopefully get to ride it. This has been two years and I still haven't ridden it more than a couple minutes.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #170 (Edited)
IT'S ALIIIIIIVVVVEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please scream while you read that. I haven't added coolant so keep your fingers crossed that the coolant won't have any leaks after the new gaskets were install but man this is the LAST time this bike will go back together by this guy. I don't anticipate any problems that would require extensive work.

MODS:
K&N clamp on filter (I know its not the best solution but the huge carb I used won't allow an air box.)
Mikuni VM44 Carb
Tudors Perf. Reeds
AAEN Pipe and Silencer

Very short idle vid. More to come this week. To view the video you will have to click on the thumbnail.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
So I got the coolant in Monday and took it for a short ride and all is well. I took it out again yesterday and all went well then too. My silencer fell off but I forgot to tighten that up lol. The only small problem is a small leak around the shift shaft. It drips a bit of oil but that isn't problem.

I can't believe how well the carb works. That Mikuni VM44mm is awesome. A 460 main jet was all I've changed and it is pretty spot on.

I love this thing. By far the wildest bike I've owned.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
Pretty much done. I don't plant to do much else to it. I need to rebuild the front master cylinder or buy a new one but other than that its done basically. More pics.

161 - 174 of 174 Posts