Everything2Stroke Forum banner

141 - 160 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #142 (Edited)
So I made some progress. I got the transmission done and the cases together. I also got the cylinder on and buttoned up. I also got all the motor mounts in but one. That damn thick weld is in the way of the motor mount plate. I was in the process of grinding and drilling and got tired of it and came to bed. Shouldn't be a long time now.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Wonder if something like this could have helped

It worked on the cylinder exhaust flange studs
I'm not sure what you mean? I couldn't get the broken bolt out so I had to grind the area down and have it rewelded. I think the nice new threads in the aluminum will be fine if that is what you mean.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Done for the 2nd time!!!!!!

I still need one bolt for a foot peg and one for the clutch cover then fill with oil and coolant but it is basically complete. Man it feels nice.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Awesome stuff man make sure you video that thing when you fire it up!
For sure. I'm leaving for the beach this Sunday and have several other things to get done before I leave so I would say the test fire won't be for a couple weeks but there will definitely be a video.

Hey, you did it twice, but now you know its right. =) Looks awesome!
For sure. It was definitely one of the most precise builds I've done. Down the road its going to need to powervalve seals but I'm hoping I can ride it some before replacing those.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
IT LIVES!

Once I choked it, it started up pretty quickly. Starts pretty easy. WAY easier than before. I guess I got it right this time lol.

Video as promised: Just click on the picture and it will open a photobucket video.

Out in the sun.....or gloom I guess. Rainy day.....:

·
Registered
231 Posts
That's awesome man can't wait to get to that point with my build and hear it roar for the first time since it was a ragged out pos.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I too have an 87. My upper a arm bearings were shot. After many measurements and checked prospectable replacements I found a 5mm slim roller bearing that fit id/od. Put 4 in each place and the travel is spectacular.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
I too have an 87. My upper a arm bearings were shot. After many measurements and checked prospectable replacements I found a 5mm slim roller bearing that fit id/od. Put 4 in each place and the travel is spectacular.
Nice I will get in touch if mine wear out.

Not sure how i missed this build but it looks great bro :thumbsup:
Thanks man.

I took it on its maiden voyage around the house today. It seems that this is the fastest stock bike I've ridden. It needs a smaller main as its really loaded up up top but I love it!!!!! Can't wait to go for a long ride.

141 - 160 of 174 Posts