·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got the progcdi unit in the mail, and done some preliminary testing with it hooked to a battery.

It has a wire to switch between program 1 and P2, both have their own programmable curve, rev limit, rev. cut style etc.
Each has 5 points to set rpm/timing , it basically draws a straight line between the points and uses it for timing between points. Each point can be set in 500rpm increments, and 1 degree inc. For timing

Not as nice as some of the high dollar computer programmable units that allow nearly infinite points, and 1 rpm increments, but more than enough to be far superior to a single advance setting for the entire rpm range.

It would be even more useful for a four stroke where the programmable rev cut makes for some interesting rev limit sounds.

I haven't decided how to use my two timing programs, which can be hooked to a handle bar switch, since I can use the pickup advance setting to move the whole curve up/down by 1 degree at a time to cover a change in fuel.

I guess my best use of the curves is to have one that pulls hard through the middle and has slightly conservative timing on top, for hilly trails, to help keep cool when wound up
The other would be set for all out peak power from mid on up, and rely on an adjustable power jet to fine tune the WOT mixture for either peak short run power , or slightly richer for longer , cooler runs.

It's hard to say right now, with the new pipe, cr reeds, cdi, power jet, and such just what I might use the two habdlebar switched curves for.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts