Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello
im new here
im looking into porting my banshee
but i want to know what kind of port to go with
I trail ride allot and i also like to top out on gravel roads
so i think im looking at a trail to a dune port but i dont know the differences between the two characteristics the ports will give it

·
Registered
109 Posts
MX port would be your style. From what I've heard they like to tear your damn arms off lol. MX Ports give lots of low end and top end power. If you havent already I'd suggest getting an advanced timing plate and setting it to +4.

·
2 stroke thinker
2,062 Posts
If you have "stock" "shee cyls. you can "drill or machine" Boyseen ports into your stock jugs.
Nothing crazy, meaning... it'll open the motor up a bit...unless you wanna mess with the transfer, intake, and exhaust port timings.

Best to leave it to a pro !

·
Registered
109 Posts
I agree. Whichever job you decide to do, you are better off leaving it to someone else.

·
Vendor
1,500 Posts
Porting your Cylinders

It would seem that study of 2 stroke theory is a good place for you to start. Spend $20 bux on Ebay & do some heavy reading for a week or so. :NodYes:

Bringing up the compression to 150psi & machining the squish band to a person’s riding style is first before any porting should be considered. Adjusting the gear ratio to the rear wheels may be in order. IMO

After you read Mr. Bell’s book 3 or 4 times you’ll know what other questions to ask a builder. How much are you willing to spend on your top end? You ought to decide on the $$ before you charge in with your new angle grinders. You can purchase a pre made head with changeable domes or you could machine your own. Once you understand your task, the decisions are much easier to make.
I tend to agree with some of the other comments; Find a builder to do your work. You certainly can do this yourself but at least read the book before you go any further. IMO

Welcome Aboard to E2S, The place to go when you need to know.

:Cheers:

JT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts