Everything2Stroke Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i usually try to stat as far away from polaris quads as possible but i ended up working on one for a friend of mine. it's a 400 xpress it's a 2 stroke 400cc it dropped a piston skirt so instead of having me rebuiold the engine he's gonna get a used engine and i'm gonna put it in. well i started taking to engine out and ran into a problem. how in the hell do you get the drive pulley off the crank. i have to get this thing off to take the plate off for the last motor mount. this is driving me nuts. if anybody can help it would be really great.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok well i got the engine out but i still need to find out how to get the drive pulley off the crankshaft. i just muscled the engine out with the plate attached. oh yeah i'm reminded why i hate polaris quads becasue they are built like sherman tanks. i had to take out about 30 bolts just to get the front fenders off the other night. Big K was there for that. i cussed he laughed. damn i hate polaris

·
Registered
1 Posts
Its easy

Either buy a clutch puller or have a dealer pull it off. They will probobly do it free. It is easy with a puller. But you cant get it off without one, you could bend the crank.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this think it threaded on. and it has an all round nut on it. unless i'm looking at it wrong. i guess it deosn/t matter though becasue i got around having to get it off.

·
Banned
733 Posts
370banshee said:
this think it threaded on. and it has an all round nut on it. unless i'm looking at it wrong. i guess it deosn/t matter though becasue i got around having to get it off.
chris...... when you go to put that motor back in let me know i'll come over and give you a hand. since it only weighs a ton...... but it's not as fast as a warrior!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well if you weren't posting on here at 3am then you might be able to get up when i'm ready. it's 8 am now and your to busy sleeping. ah hell maybe all call you and wake you up

·
Registered
266 Posts
i think i finaly figured out the one you were talikng about, that nut is left hand thread. and there is a tool to take them off with but if you heat it up and use a hammer and punch you should be able to get it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I totaly know where you are coming from, we bent the crank on our 2000 Trailblazer once trying to get it off, the next 4 times that we blew the thing up we just brought it to the local dealers and they pulled it off for us. They may sell Pooplaris but they are a bunch of great guys there.
PS after blowing it up for the 5th time in a year and a half I finaly agreed to let the hubby get a 'shee. well I love the thing more then he does I think now. All I can say is why didn't we do it right the first time? Like the hubby says we had to go to banshee rehab!!!!

·
Banned
38 Posts
listen wats wrong wit trailblazers i got 2000 model nutin wrong wit mine. it hammers through tracks too

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have 99 Polaris Sport 400. It walks away from my brother in laws 01 warrior any day of the week. Take it a dealer and they would pull the pully off for you.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i got it taken care of but thanks bisho1. oh yeah the warrior thing was a joke. actually the warrior thing was/is a runnign joke around here. did you knwo they are 500hp??? haha

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im new at this forum so i didnt know. Sorry. They are pushing close to 500 hp. i dont know if they hit it yet. That is how my brother in law is too. He can ride better than I can, so he is faster on the trails but when it comes to a flat out drag i have him beat hands downs.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no need to apologise...... and yeah i think the new raptor350 name and the new plastic put them well over teh 500hp mark

1 - 14 of 14 Posts