Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1985 suzuki lt250 and it has been rebuilt about 7 or 8 months ago. Now just before it started snowing for the season (around the end of November) it was running like a champ. But then when i tried to start it a few weeks ago it just started pouring all the gas out of one of the over flows. I've looked all around the engine and all the line are just fine. I have no idea whats wrong with it.
If you know whats wrong with it or how to fix it please help me out.

·
PLAYTIME'S OVER BITCHES!!
13,056 Posts
welcome to the site.
sounds to me that your float needle got stuck while in storage. if your running pump gas, it has the ethanol in it and has wrecked havock on many float needles.
try cleaning out you carb and making sure that you float needle works freely. that should do the trick. if not, post back what you found.

·
Registered
703 Posts
thanks alot. ill have to try it and let ya know what happens
If it is stuck, sometimes a little tap on the side of the bowl will fix ya up, but if a piece of trash is in there or if your floats are damaged, the carb has to come apart. Let us know what you find. It is a good idea to empty your carb at the end of the season to prevent corrosion and the possibility of the fuel turning to varnish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts