Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He guys. I have a 85 honda 250r atc. I was riding last weekend and ran out of gas. I put more gas in it now it doesn't want to start. I must have kicked it 100 times and even tried pushing it off. Still nothing. It has good compression, good spark, but nothing. I even tried spraying carb cleaner directly into the carb while i was kicking it. Nothing still. Could someone please help me. I need it back running for a trail ride next week that me and friends have been planning for a while. Thanks

·
Eat more pork
1,001 Posts
If it's got good spark it should have fired on the eather.I'm thinking it may have fouled the plug. put a new plug in before you do that take a straw and dip it in your gas put a couple drops in cylinder then kick it if it fires then cuts off you may need to clean carb.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its too dark on me now, i will try the straw thing in the morning. any ideas if that doesn't work?

·
Registered
491 Posts
How much Gas did you put in it? Make sure you put enough in. All the 2 smokes I've had need MORE than just a little Gas in the tank.

Also, are you sure it's getting fuel? did you pull the hose off to make sure?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Sounds like you may have sucked some crap from the bottom of your tank into the carb and plugged it up. But it still should have fired off the ether. Hmm, have you checked your reeds?

edit: also on my blaster, the regular and reserve fuel intakes inside of the tank work like filters also, that might be plugged, if you're not getting fuel from the petcock pull it and maybe clean those out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, i just put a couple drops of gas on the cylinder, then put the spark plug back in, kicked it, and it back fired. does that mean that it is the carb? could it be bad gas? the gas seems to be good though. anymore suggestions?

·
Registered
23 Posts
my lt did the same thing 2days ago due to the needle for the float had a piece of trash in it causeing it to stick shut. Try removeing it and hit it with some psi and see what she does :thumbsup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the reeds look good, i just cleaned the carb, and i am about to go get some fresh gas. hopefully it will run this time

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, carb cleaned, new spark plug, getting fire, new gas, and still a no go. ive kicked it til my leg went numb lol. it's late now. im gonna try to pull it off tomorrow. i tried pushing it off put don't think i got enough speed up. florida is flat lol. could it have jumped time? if so how do you fix that?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Could be a sheared flywheel key. That would cause it to be out of time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fixed it

It was the key lock on the crank the whole time. Duh me lol it's running fine now

·
Registered
32 Posts
i was going to say timming, i would pull the flywheel and check the keyway, or pull the cover, make sure the motor is on TDC and check the flywheel mag to picup..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts