Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wanting to put an overide transmission in my banshee.I have never used this type of set up nor do I know how.Can someone explain how it works,and the difference in 1-5 override and 2-5.

·
Registered
14,217 Posts
im no expert by any stretch of thew imagination on the subject but my understandign is each builder has their own custom ways of altering an override to their specs ,but basiclly they backcut gears and elongate slots for silky shifting to the next gear and they alter the shift drum/cam usually rounding the shift star too and some reinforcment welding to keep it all together, the numbers like 1-5 mean that those given gears are the override altered gears ,itll allow you to use the clutch only for take off then keep it pinned and jus t shift effortlessly through 5th gear without using a clutch ,but if you let off yo u can wad your tranny really bad ,it is a drag only modification .

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Banned
4,951 Posts
Also you can only shift the bike at wide open throttle and can not down shift until you are completely stopped. As Evil said it is a drag only mod.... Nice post by the way Evil...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok lets say for instance I take off shift through 1st,2nd,3rd then for some reason i need to begin to stop and slow down can i just pull in the clutch,then brake to a complete stop then downshift without tearing anything up?

·
Banned
4,951 Posts
Yes Nitro you are correct. Come to a complete stop let it idle down and then down shift it....

Never heard of a duneable override wesw... Got any info on it, I'm curious...

·
Registered
290 Posts
im looking into one of those dunable.

supposely you can shift normal and what not with the clutch. then if you want to drag you can override it. it has some springs to keep it from shit canning the tranny and stuff.

should be sweet setup when i get it back

1 - 7 of 7 Posts