Everything2Stroke Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A short while ago I burned a whole thru the piston of my Blaster. The cylinder was scored and needed to be bored. The bore on the cylinder was already at a 68mm and they only make one more size larger than that but I needed to go two sizes up to clean the wall.

So I've been thinking rather than try to find a new cylinder or used one off of ebay or a junk yard(that's probably been to large already) or even have it resleeved, I might just go with a Big Bore Kit. Then I got to reading previous threads and there is alot of suggestions for strokers over big bores. But from all the threads I've read I haven't heard any downfalls to strokers or big bores, Other than the piston for Vito's kit is Junk and go buy a Wiseco.

Anyway I guess my questions are:
1. Has anyone had any problems with Big Bores in general, and specifally with over heating?

2. Same As question #1 with Strokers?

3. Can you go big Bore and stroker?

4. Ultimately, I Have to top end for my blaster. Can anyone help with some ideas and insight?

·
Registered
91 Posts
i have heard of overheating in blasters with the 240 kits.

·
Ring Pirate Roachie!
841 Posts
i have a vito's 240 sleeve in my blaster...it is junk! it gave me an added maybe 4 h.p. with a full drag port and my rpms got lowered due to the size of the piston...i never overheated it at all even with the shitty fmf fatty pipe i have on it but it did make 2 of my head bolts loose and i sucked air into the cylinder and burned out my crank bearings...it blued my crank and my piston skirt broke off because the vito's piston is junk...if you do get a 240 kit go for the ct whole kit that comes with wiseco piston re-designed head and jug carb gaskets and pipe they will set you up with what u need and pre jet the carb for whatever ur doing with it...but on the downside its a 1500$ kit and yes you can go stroker and big bore...go with a 3mm stroker crank then get a timing plate and u will need to get a gas petcock for that kit too and if u still want to rev high get ur flywheel lightened and last of all send the jug out to get ported for whatever it is that u are doing with it and if u get it ported and u go stroker tell them to port it for ur stroker size...that is the best thing i can tell u to do...all in all it will be over 2,500$ but hey ull be able to smoke 450's :)

·
Ring Pirate Roachie!
841 Posts
also get a really nice clutch kit for that if you do decide to go with all that...it will make a big difference in how you get that power to the ground

·
Registered
323 Posts
i have some to add... i have a 240 big bore with a stroker. i added the big bore first and then the stroker second. there was definitly an inclrease. i had to jump the jets 2 sizes up after the stroker was installed and it helped a lot with tork. i bought the vitos kit and out of the box it bolts right on. by itself i didn't see a huge gain. It wasn't until after i installed a bigger carb and airbox to match that i got the full potential. right now i'm having my big bore stroker ported:blob4: and it should be sweet. i never had heat problems but i did have a melt down with the vitos piston and that wasn't the pistons falt. I didn't have the top end jetted right on. needless to say i got a wisco on the way. It will get hot and you will have to rest it just like before. you just have to make sure your jetting is on or you'll have problems. other then that there both nice to have imo. it makes for a totally different bike and way more fun to ride.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I guess I have some saving to do cuz I think I am gonna go with a CT set up.
So how often do most of you with bog bore kits play then rest to cool down. Should I really be worried about it. I just really dont want to be stuck with a machine that can smoke everyone in a drag race, but take it years to ride a mile of simple trail because it needs to cool down every 5 minutes.

thanks for your guys' help.

·
Low and Slow
3,021 Posts
If your jetting is correct overheating should not be an issue. Its actually kinda hard to overheat an air-cooled engine. Its not like your going to be be sitting still reving the piss outta it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am thinking about going to 240, is this a good price????

CT 240 Sonic Complete Package . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $1535.00

Kit includes: new cylinder, CT porting, head, piston, rings, wrist pin, circlips, wrist pin bearing, top-end gasket set, reed cage, intake boot, 36mm PWK pre-jetted carburetor, cable, CT Pipe and silencer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have ran 240's for 24 hours straight. a properly setup motor is the key as is proper maint. if its built right, ported right, jetted right and maintained you can beat the hell out of it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts