Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum,

I'm an old mechanic who likes to rebuild old things back to new as a hobby. Since my wife grew up in around quads we started with this one. 1985 LT250r. Had the typical cracked swing arm, cracked engine case from the chain snagging the front chain guard, etc.

Tore it down to the frame, every nut/bolt. Powder coated frame, a-arms, rear swing arm, new plastics, bars, controls, wheels, tires, etc.

A few things I'm curious to learn more about. The DG nerb bars we purchased fit like shit. According to the instructions they're meant to have the attachment bar on top of the frame but this leaves them rubbing on the FMF pipe, very little room to get your toe under the shifter, and kick starting very close where I tend to hit my heel on the rear plastics. I'm not impressed at the moment with them.

I also was curious if anyone has a better fix for the exhaust oil leaking out near the cylinder head/exh spring coupling other than slathering high temp RTV on the joint. I can do that, but was curious if there's a better solution.

Quick video of the first tuning session:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts