Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you know or don't know yet, ORV tags have doubled this year to $32.00 and you need two tags per vehicle. a $10 road permit and a $22 trail permit.

·
Vendor
1,500 Posts
Can you explain the trail & road permit regulations for your state? Are you able to cross paved roads in the country with your ATV etc? Our rules here in Oregon are complicated at best.
Thanks
JT

·
Registered
202 Posts
I wish I knew rule for Virginia back in day my cousins used just hit the fields if the police came by. Lol that was like twenty yrs ago. They take it too serious nowadays.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are certain roads open to orv use in the northern part of our lower peninsula. Mainly fire roads. If your only using those for going from one place to another or during hunting season than all you need is the road permit. If you plan to use the vast trails, you need the trail permit. If you plan to use both trail and road, you need both. But here is the kicker, there are a lot of trails that use roads to get to the next section. So its a catch 22.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We can cross paved roads to get from one section of trail to another, but can not ride on paved roads. If the trail happens to be next to the paved road, a maximum speed limit of 25 mph is required. But how many sport quads have Speedos on them? I know my blaster doesn't. And neither does my 3 wheeler or my kx250. So yet again, another catch 22

·
Play Hard Get Dirty.
1,128 Posts
oh yeah that's an understatement John, it is always interesting to hear how other states manage the rules of the trails, roads etc.. Granted the permitting is still fairly cheap in the grand picture but my question to the above folks and there respective states is.....do they use those funds to maintain the trails and roads and parking areas or does it just never get seen again?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
we will see. all the years of riding our trails, they never were kept up. only during the winter for the snowmobiles. they did some trail and parking maintenance last year but nothing to jump for joy at. the trails were still miles upon miles of deep endless whoops. lets hope that changes this year.

·
Vendor
1,500 Posts
Don’t count on the money anywhere but the general fund.
How about this; I need communications to the outside when I ride around the wilderness, (Metolius River, Oregon) Do any of you know what frequency the forest service uses for their patrol units? I’m thinking about buying a radio so I can contact them in case of emergencies. It still drops to the 20’s at night here in the high country. Any of you from Oregon who needs a riding buddy on the weekends. (Camp Sherman, Oregon) GODS COUNTRY.

:thumbsup:

·
Play Hard Get Dirty.
1,128 Posts
That area (metolius) is some of our favorite country....and I do not blame you for wanting communication to the outside there cuz thigs can go awry real quick and nobody would know.

I'll keep my ears open for the radio frequencies too! Edit: shootin you a pm.

·
Vendor
1,500 Posts
My Kubota got high centered in the mud 2 weeks ago. If we didn’t find the one person to pull us out we’d have frozen to death, no more how it’s done. Be careful where you all go or nobody will ever find you, sure pissed off the sheriff. I spent last Saturday morning apologizing to the Forest Service.
Ain't no Joke

1 - 11 of 11 Posts