Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey sorry if this question is kinda ignorant this has never really happened to me but I ran my bike today and get it to operating temperatures to make sure it is good to run in 3 weeks at Silver lake and I've started to notice than both of my silencers are spitting a little oil but the tips are full of oil and after it was warmed (200F Radiator, 180F Cyls and Head) the silencers had some steam which I think is probably just the oil. The mix is 8 months old but up until now I have never had oil come out the silencers and Im not too good with Chemistry but is the mix seperated possibly? The bike with the gas in it was sitting in my garage (unheated, sealed by still gets cold in there) where over the winter it's reached as low as -20F quite a few times. Thanks for all the suggestions.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Old premix that has set around for a long time will smoke like crazy. As premix sets around the gasoline evaporates and the oil remains throwing your mixture off. I would dump that stuff in your lawn mower and start the season fresh with new mix.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Old premix that has set around for a long time will smoke like crazy. As premix sets around the gasoline evaporates and the oil remains throwing your mixture off.
Ahh yes I forgot, that makes perfect sense. Sorry for my stupidity :p That's another thing too is that it smokes about the same :/

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you're running a castor oil with race gas.. the oil will separate also.
Yeah I've heard about that but I run Golden Spectro which is a synthetic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts