Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. one more stupid question! Everyone is telling me different 2 stroke ratios. Ive heard everything from 50:1 to 25:1 What do you think for a 97 Kawasaki KX250

·
Honey Badger
6,471 Posts
32:1 is what I ran in both my 250s with Redline synthetic. Infact 32:1 is what I pretty much run in everything.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
this really depends on the oil your using ,generally the more oil used the more power your going to make,the synthetics have a higher flashpoint and use higher ratios than castor based oils ...just dont believe everything you read on the back of the container

So true, everyone thinks that less oil means more power. There are btu's in dat der oil lol. Just have to sit back and think about it a little, what robs hp? Friction. Im not saying go out and mix yourself some 16:1 but I wouldnt run anything leaner than 32:1

·
1 OUT OF 3 AINT BAD
3,235 Posts
I run 32:1 also. Used to run 40:1 but switched back.

·
Honey Badger
6,471 Posts
i run 32-1 on gas and 25-1 on alky only 2 premix oils i really like and recommend are Klotz supetechnaplate and castor 927
How has Redline looked in any of your tear downs Flotek? have you heard or seen any bad things about it?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
flotek you every have a problem with ash with the klotz? my lt fouled plugs but the plugs weren't wet they were covered with ash? once i finish the klotz i think im sticking with h1r, oh yeah 32-1

·
Registered
14,217 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
i run 20:1 in the 250, kind of unnecessarily rich but you make more power and everything last longer so why not. plus the richer you go the better it smells / the more it smokes, and everyone wants there 2 stroke to smell good and smoke allot right?

i run 40:1 in the golf cart, no reason why but i just always have and its jetted for that so... always 927 castor in both.

·
Registered
77 Posts
not to say that i would do it but 13.robb or i think thats his name stated in another thread that he ran as thin as 100:1 and knows some one who runs 150:1 on a snowmobile. that guy is freaking crazy!!!

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
not to say that i would do it but 13.robb or i think thats his name stated in another thread that he ran as thin as 100:1 and knows some one who runs 150:1 on a snowmobile. that guy is freaking crazy!!!
thats a ticking timebomb:Crazy:
I run 32:1 belray H1R

1 - 20 of 39 Posts