Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So to begin with i'm very average in the mechanical department, i'm learning but i'm also only 16 so i have almost no experience. My problem started when i realized that my oil drain plug was missing (Did not ride with it missing) and i needed a new one. So is I searched various forums for sizes and info etc. and found multiple people saying that it was a 14mm with 1.25 thread pitch so i bought one on amazon... It came in eventually but when i wen't to thread it on i realized it was extremely loose and that it didn't thread in all the way to create anywhere near a seal. So i looked at the threads and they are very flat and look like they wouldn't hold a stock drain plug. So i went back on some forums and i found a few things but nothing that was definite or that gave a good explanation. So my question is, what is the best way to repair stripped threads for an oil plug. or if i have the wrong measurements for the plug itself. Also i don't have a good budget so the safest cheapest way it what i'm looking for.

PS. i'm open to the helicoil stuff but not 100% how it works so if someone could give a little insight on that it be great. Also if there's a better term for the oil drain plug that I should be using please tell me.

Thanks in advanced.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts