Everything2Stroke Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i went for a little jaunt today and the thing was running great, later on in the day i went again(running great) all of a sudden it droped the right hand cylinder i pulled the plug and didn't have any spark, well i pulled the other one and it didn't have any either, and it wouldn't start again, so it is not in the back of the truck! anyone got an idea?

·
Premium Member
8,580 Posts
Check your wires for your key switch. If you have a tether check the wiring for that. There are only so many things that would stop spark. Worst case it could be your coil or CDI. Get a multi meter and check from the magnito and on to find your bad point.

·
Banned
733 Posts
go-blow-or roll said:
well i went for a little jaunt today and the thing was running great, later on in the day i went again(running great) all of a sudden it droped the right hand cylinder i pulled the plug and didn't have any spark, well i pulled the other one and it didn't have any either, and it wouldn't start again, so it is not in the back of the truck! anyone got an idea?
it's got to be somewhere in your wiring. like banshee said go thru and check it all. once you have went over it go over it again just to make sure you didn't miss anything. most of the time when you loose spark it's just a minor wiring problem... good luck and let us know if you figure it out...

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i checked the swithces and all, but i have yet to check any further than that. this thing is being such a pain lately feel like i am working on a damn snowmobile lol. but hey i guess something is going to be messed up on it. i did hit a tree doing 50mph with it last year.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well got it going AGAIN LOL, one of the coil wire connector must ba a little lose or corroded

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah good point, beleve it or not i have a pretty extensive back ground in electricity, lol guess sometimes you just forget the easy stuff!! thanks for the wake up call ***!!

·
Banned
733 Posts
good thing it was just something small and not something that could have been costly. we all know the costly repairs are the worse especially when your really wanting to ride......

·
Banned
0 Posts
nah the worst is when it's something really rally simple and youi don't check and then proceed to dump money and parts into it only to find that it was a loose plug. that would for sure be the worst. oh yeah missing riding because of it makes it worse too.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol well thanks chris!! guess thats why i turn wrenches and not teach english lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts