Everything2Stroke Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
The Honda parts fiche says it's discontinued. Alot of 250R parts are not available anymore.
Like I mentioned, I'm sure there is aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The Honda parts fiche says it's discontinued. Alot of 250R parts are not available anymore.
Like I mentioned, I'm sure there is aftermarket ones.
Dude! Last time! Genuine Honda center case gasket, is not discontinued. I don't know where you are getting your information, but you are misinformed. Service Honda still offers them, including all of the ones I mentioned before. No aftermarket! Need proof?

·
2 stroke thinker
2,062 Posts
There has to be a bottom end assy. problem because, even tho using three, yama, or Honda bond....the center gasket is quite thin and I don't think the thickness of that gasket is gonna be the solution of your binding issues..

Been there, spent a nite assembling my bottom end being tired after a full day at work and was pulling my hair out trying figure out my problem with the bottom end assy binding. Got a night's sleep and tore the bottom down and found out I "F'ed " up missing a stupid mistake while assembly of the transmission.

Don't want to argue but I've always used the sealer between the cases without any issues.

If you put a nice thin coating of the "yama, Honda, tri-bond sealer" There won't be a "Sloppy" mess.

If you take the tube and just "Squirt" a blob of sealer, then it'll be a mess for sure.

·
Registered
63 Posts
OK, time to man up! It seems that I was incorrect.My bad....
I tore into my 250R bottom and I indeed used a center case gasket.
When I put it together I certainly used another one.
I'd recommend using it.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts